Chapter Forty-six. The Zombie Brain Maker.

"Well fuck me, Trouble, that was a brilliant idea. I love your mind," Gabriel declared proudly, fist bumping a grinning Luke and smirking at his remaining brothers.

"Yeah, it really was Sang Baby." North's face looked distinctly proud, as Silas nodded in agreement

Sang looked a little bit guilty. "What's wrong Sweetie?" Kota asked, as Victor leant across and smiled softly at her. He knew what had bothered her, and just nodded in confirmation when she spoke up.

"Well, to be honest, I didn't know those things were illegal. It never occurred to me. At all." Sang confessed quietly, stroking Xavier as he checked the room for perceived dangers of His Darling. "I just wanted something to keep Grammy safe."

"That's because your mind is pure and your heart no knows bounds, Sang darling," Owen murmured smoothly, ignoring Nathan and Luke making retching faces out of sight of Sang and Sean rolling his eyes. Sang blushed, smiled, and cuddling a simpering Xavier to her chest turned around to watch her Grandparents once more.

********

Little Rose held her Grammy and Grampa's hand and skipped happily along between them. They had brought her to a flea market. Just for fun. Rose had never even heard of a flea market until they had mentioned it at dinner the night before. To their amusement she had dashed off to find out what a flea market actually was, causing them to laugh loudly because she had said she hadn't really been sure about going to a market selling fleas.

After she had read up about it, and reassured Spotty dog that they would NOT be bringing home any of those disgusting crawlies to bite him, Rose had gone off to bed smiling with glee. Who knew what interesting stuff they might find at a real live flea market? Looking around with interest Rose knew this was her kind of place. There were stalls everywhere with all kinds of things.

Passing yet another junk stall Rose stopped suddenly. Pointing to a large metal box Rose turned to her Grampa and asked what it was. "It's a top loading washing machine, Rosie," he replied, as they all walked over to investigate. "I don't suppose you've ever seen one."

"No I haven't Grampa. Only ones with glass doors that load from the front, but this looks interesting." Rosie peered over the top of it, and grinned as her Grammy lifted her up for a better view inside.

"What's that?" Rose looked up with big eyes at the stall owner. Rose nodded at his explanation of the agitator and carefully removed the filter and looked down the centre of it thoughtfully. Hopping down Rosie crawled around and knelt down at the back of the machine and looked at the electrical components. She nodded wisely as the owner reassured her that the machine was in fact in working order, and flipped herself onto her back and stuck her head as far under the machine as she could manage for a real good look. Jumping back up Rose thanked the owner for letting her look at his washing machine, and wandered off with her grandparents, thinking hard and not saying much at all.

Grammy and Grampa looked at each other and didn't even bother to hide their smiles. They recognised the look in their little girl's eyes and they knew when a plan was brewing.

Watching idly as Grampa looked at an old car part, Rose suddenly spoke. "Grammy, you know I've been thinking, and I reckon we could make that washing machine into something much more interesting."

Grampa froze on the spot. He knew it. He stood up, turned around and grinned at his wife. Taking Rose's free hand. "Why don't you tell us all about it, as we walk Sweet pea. I can't wait to hear this."

"Well. I had a look at the motor and stuff and they look like they work, and it occurred to me that you and Grammy don't have a zombie brain making machine. I think you need one. For Halloween and all, you know?" Rose looked seriously at her grandparents.