Arc 2 Chapter 6 - Just a bit of fun

"Miss me?"

"Sure, why not." It had been a few weeks since I had last had a chance to properly catch up with Kiryuuin, dealing with midterms and Sudou's trial.

"Ayanokouji-kun, who is this?" Everyone with me had a confused expression, even Kushida and Ichinose. Kiryuuin really hadn't made an impact on most students in the school.

"Kiryuuin Fuuka. I've heard a bit about three of you, but I don't see why my kouhai would associate with boring people like you."

"Hey, what gives, don't go calling us boring!" Sudou if you value your male pride, you will stop talking right now.

"Pfft I wouldn't even look at you if it wasn't for kouhai being around you. Even two-face, plaything and disappointment are more interesting than you." It seemed Kiryuuin had given nicknames to the other three people with me. Kushida gave me a questioning glance, to which I responded with a slight head shake. I told her nothing, Kiryuuin was just that good.

"I've heard about you. Kiryuuin-senpai, it's a pleasure to meet you!"

"Yes yes, tell Nagumo I said to leave you alone, you're too cute to break. Now shut up." It seemed even Ichinose's friendly outlook wasn't enough to get through Kiryuuin's disrespect for the ordinary. Ichinose's face had a baffled look on it, but Kiryuuin had already moved on from her.

"Kiryuuin-senpai, I've been trying to meet you for ages, but you keep avoiding me. Could I have your contact?" Kushida instead of trying to be kind went straight to her goal to get the contact of everyone. Unfortunately, Kiryuuin was the one person who's contact she would probably never get.

"If I knew you were this interesting, I would have met you sooner."

"So—"

"That doesn't mean I'll give you my number. You're not that interesting, two-face." Kushida's face fell at this and backed off subdued. Smart. It wouldn't be good to pressure someone who potentially knew her secret, so this was the best choice now.

"Disappointment?"

It seemed Horikita had handled her nickname the worst. She was shaking in rage, or fear perhaps, fists so tight her hands had gone white.

"Obviously. To think President-kun would have such a disappointment of a sister. How sad."

"Eh? Horikita, what's she talking about?" Sudou apparently hadn't caught on to the situation, unlike Ichinose and Kushida.

"Use your eyes Sudou. It's rather obvious she's President Manabu's little sister." I decided to fill the gap in his knowledge, it should annoy Horikita somewhat.

"What! That's so cool, Horikita he's your big brother!" Sudou had an extreme inability to read the room, so to speak.

"Shut up Sudou. And you, what gives you the right to call me that?"

"She's not wrong, Horikita. I remember you talking big, saying you'd solve my problems. What exactly did you do in that trial? I can't remember."

"Grrr" Did she just growl at me? Horikita was unable to respond to my jab, having no support to back her up, besides Sudou.

"Aha, the little sister can't live up to the older brother, I feel bad for him. But I've have enough of these peasants, kouhai. We've got plans now, so long boring friends."

With that Kiryuuin turned and started to move off away from the school, at a slower pace than usual, giving me some time to leave as well.

"Ayanokouji-kun, are you really just going to leave? What about the trial!" Ichinose seemed unable to accept my flippant attitude, disbelieving that I would just give up.