Arc 6 Chapter 5 - Blackmail

Yesterday, I had asked a favour of Sakayanagi.

One of the biggest problems I was facing right now was the divide between Ichinose and myself. The situation was almost comical as to how much she was avoiding me, especially since we were supposed to be teammates, but I was content to let it go. Now though, I needed her attention and the easiest way to get her to join a conversation was if Sakayanagi asked.

Utterly ridiculous.

And so, I walked into a karaoke room to find a petite girl with a cane sitting across from a dragon. Both looked completely at ease, although I was sure their minds were anything but.

"Speak of the fucking devil and he appears. What the hell did ya' want, Ayanokouji?"

"Fufufu calm down Ryuuen. We're still waiting for one more guest after all."

I was surprised to find that Sakayanagi hadn't informed Ryuuen of what has happening, or at least who she invited. I hadn't in fact informed her of the purpose of the meeting

I walked over and took a seat on the last remaining couch, gaining a small smirk from Sakayanagi. She realised the implications of the situation, and I for one was interested in how it would go down.

"Someone ordered food," I noted. There was a plate of chips and some drinks in the middle of the room.

"Feel free to take what you want. I'm in a generous mood, my entire world has opened. The power of love is amazing Ayanokouji, it creates so many weaknesses kukukuku"

Ryuuen fell back cackling to himself, and I sighed in pity for Amikura. She truly had gone too far already, and probably had no idea what she was dealing with.

It wasn't my problem though and would definitely resolve in an entertaining manner. Shrugging I reached forward. I took a potato chip and ate it.

There wasn't much to discuss, and so we waited in silence for the few minutes until there came a knock on the door.

"Sakayanagi-san, is this the right room?"

I heard the bright voice of Ichinose from outside the door.

"Come in, Ichinose-san. We've been waiting for you."

The door slid open to reveal the strawberry blond girl of Class A.

"Sorry for making you wait!"

She walked in and faltered slightly upon seeing me. It was a predicament she was in, and Sakayanagi was giggling quietly to herself upon observing it.

There were three couches in the room, each big enough for two people. Sakayanagi, Ryuuen and I had each taken one. And instead of making a decision, Ichinose chose to remain standing, staying in front of the television in the room.

To be fair, Ryuuen had taken up his entire couch with his relaxed position.

"Right, we're all here now. Can we get on with it, I got a date with Mako-chan next."

I kept a close eye on Ichinose as he said this, picking up on her slight flinch. Clearly, she wasn't a fan of that partnership.

"Yes, so would you mind explaining why you've called us here, Sakayanagi-san? If you wanted to meet with the leaders of the Red Team, unfortunately I'm the only one here."

Before Sakayanagi could explain, Ryuuen blinked in astonishment and sat up properly.

"Wait, what the fuck are you saying? He's not a leader? Ah, you're all retarded aren't you! Kukukuku!"

Ichinose sighed heavily. "Ayanokouji-kun has proved most uncooperative. But if you want to discuss something related to the exam, Sakayanagi-san, you've invited the wrong guests."