🦈 1

🦈Yeonhwa🦈

I was listening to Sunday morning rain falling while it was raining outside. I don't have work today but my parents asked me to eat dinner with them at a fancy restaurant. I knew something was wrong since my parents don't usually ask me to eat with them, they care for my siblings more than me and even my sister's husband gets more attention than their daughter.

"Daughter," my mother said. "There is something I need to tell you." I sat down waiting for food and other guests to come, I watched my parents greet another family who had just gotten there. Their son doesn't look too happy at all but his sister is more excited than ever.

"Daughter, this is the Hong family," my dad said. "This is their son Joshua, the biggest Mafia boss in the world." My reaction changed: there was no way they were forcing me to marry a Mafia boss. "Since our business is dying we have decided to collaborate with the Hong family but they gave 1 condition, you have to marry their son for our business to grow again."

"Why,?" I ask. "Why can't I be like my sister, get to choose who I want to marry."

"Dear, we are desperately in need of money," my mom said. "We let your sister be successful in what they want and they are much older than you. The Hong family has agreed on this marriage so you will have to marry Joshua." I sat quietly eating my food while the adults talked about marriage and other stuff. I still don't know how my sister can get to choose who they want to marry but I can't.

"Thank you for coming, Mr. and Mrs. Hong," My parents said. "Joshua, can you drive Shushu?"

"I can go home by myself," I said while walking to the entrance. Kihyun was waiting for me already on his bike. I know my parents don't look too happy but he was my friend and I get to choose whom I will be friends with. "Kihyun can take me home."

"So how was the dinner?" He asked. "Did they tell you something?"

"Can you believe it, they force me to marry Joshua who is the mafia boss while my two sisters get to marry whoever they like," I said. "My sister's husband gets all the attention more than me, Kihyun can you stay with me tonight?"

I have known Kihyun for a long time now but we never thought of dating each other, he always cares for me when I need him just like a brother would do. Kihyun has his room in my apartment but tonight we decided to chit-chat in the living room.

"Don't worry," he said. "I'm sure Joshua isn't a bad Mafia boss." We talk about everything including relationships. I know Kihyun likes being alone with his members or me.

🦈Joshua🦈

Today is the worst day of my life being forced into marriage to marry a stranger and the worst part is that she isn't a vampire or any mafia related. How am I supposed to live with someone who is nothing like me?

"Joshua, are you okay?" Scoup ask. Scoup gave me a boss position because he can't handle all the business anymore, Jeonghan didn't even want to try and just be a normal librarian with Wonwoo. "What did your parents say?"

"I have to marry a commoner," I said. "She is not mafia-related, I don't know what to do. There is a chance I want to taste her blood after getting married."

"This is hard," Scoup said. "We are not used to having normal humans around, Wonwoo and Mingyu haven't learned to control their vampire yet. Right now Jeonghan's room is the safest for her."

I sigh loudly that our wedding is going to be soon and I need to control my vampire self from taking her blood. When I saw her at the restaurant I couldn't spell her blood. Maybe she was wearing a protection necklace, so I rushed to ask Jeonghan about the protection necklace.

"Yeonhwa might have a protection necklace," Jeonghan said. "It said only the strongest vampire can spell blood through protection or their soulmate. If you are Yeonhwa's soulmate you can smell her blood but it looks like you are not."

I wasn't sure so I ignored it and continued my work. Scoup is the only person who has dated before, I never dated anyone but being a mafia boss I do drink with a lot of girls.

"Hyung, are we invited to your wedding?" Dino asks. "I want to see what your fiance looks like."

"Everyone is invited but under one condition," I said. "We all need to wear our vampire control bracelets." Dino sighs wearing this bracelet will give a shock if it senses our vampire side growing but it is only for a couple of hours.