🦈38

🦈Yeonhwa🦈

Today is the day Jaehyun gets to go home, the doctor said he is good to be discharged early but the announcement won't be until tomorrow.

"Are you ready to see Jaehyun?" Joshua asks. "Is everyone invited to the retirement announcement?"

"Yes, please wear a black suit and black dress shoes," I said. "I will wear my police uniform."

"You have one?" Joshua asks. "I thought you were interested in design, not anything related to serving the country."

"Before I joined the design company, I used to be one of the members of Jaehyun's team," I said. "I have my position, everyone refers to me as tech Yeonhwa."

"Why did you leave?" Joshua asks.

"I left because of a mission, that mission traumatized me, and it traumatized Jaehyun too," I said. "We got a call saying this mission needed everyone to come and we all did, no one knew it was a scam and planned to capture me. They wanted to capture me since I was the best tech person but little did they know me and Jaehyun were team buddies, so we stuck together. So when they captured me they also captured Jaehyun, it was a maze so we tried to get out but after looking around for a while things got worse. There was smoke everywhere in the building, our gas mask only lasted for a few hours but we were in there for 5 hours."

"Oh, what happens next?" Joshua asks while driving. "This Jaehyun has an injury from that too."

"Yes, he did," I said. "We found a spot to sit down, Jaehyun was bleeding at his leg badly. I try to stop the bleeding by putting my jacket on his spot. It doesn't help. I remember what Jaehyun said, 'Go find help, I'm okay right here.' I couldn't let him sit alone so I disobeyed his order for the first time. He said, 'Listen to me, I'm okay. I will be fine just go.' I didn't know where to go so I said something to him, 'If no one finds us and we die, we will die together.' Jaehyun slowly tries to close his eyes but I can't let him do that. I know if he closes his eyes he will die and we promise to stay together forever."

(I wish my friend are like this)

"How long did you stay there until people came to help?" Joshua asks.

"The rest of the team noticed there was something wrong with us so they called back up and went inside," I said. "The building was hard to locate because of similar building techniques. The only way I could get Jaehyun to stay awake longer is to talk to him, I talk about everything and my feelings toward him. That was the night I confessed how I feel. My body got weaker and weaker, I knew the rest of the team was working to find us. 5 hours later they found us, Jaehyun's breath became slower and slower while I tried to keep my eyes open. Jaehyun went to surgery and extensive care immediately while the doctor took me to a room to lie down. Jaehyun recovered and I gave in to an official retirement because this accident was my fault."

"Why was it your fault?" Joshua asks. "I don't think it's your fault."

"I was careless so I followed a scam and I got lost. Jaehyun came to save me but both of us got lost," I said. Jaehyun's reaction changed when he saw me in my FBI uniform, he sat up without stopping looking at me. "Jaehyun, I know it's weird seeing me in the FBI uniform again."

"I miss seeing you in our uniform," Jaehyun said. "I'm ready to go but why are you wearing your uniform?"

"For something, you will see when we reach the station," I said. "It's something special." I cover Jaehyun's eye and lead him to the main office and then open my hand. "Surprised we threw a party for you, I have a speech to say."

"I'm going to cry," Jaehyun said. "You all are so sweet."

"Dear Jaehyun, you are an amazing Lieutenant/Captain," I said. "You have been an amazing instructor to everyone and everyone loves you. I, Yeonhwa, will be by your side forever. Always remember we will be here for you if you need anything."

(I know my speech is lame but I don't know what else to put.)

"I love you all," he said. We salute our captain one last time before his official retirement and another piece of news appears, this time about me wearing my FBI uniform. "You are a family to me."

Breaking news: Yeonhwa has been caught wearing her FBI uniform on the day Jaehyun is discharged from the hospital and tomorrow the official retirement announcement from Jaehyun.

🦈Jaehyun🦈

I love my team, they are the best people ever to exist, especially Yeonhwa. Even though she still blames herself for the accident that happened 3 years ago, I know it is not her fault she was panicking at that point.

Flashback

The emergency bell rang and I called everyone to gather up for the mission preview, from what I can tell this is a big one.

"We don't know if this is a scam, let's do our best and save whoever we can," I said. The building looked shady and I started to get a weird feeling but my job is to not second guess anything, I divide my team into a group of 3 to cover more ground. "Yeonhwa, this is your first mission, stay near us. Don't wander off."

The minute I walked inside it felt so weird, I could feel Yeonhwa was a bit worried and scared but the further I walked the worse feeling I ever got.

"I feel like this is a scam," I said. "Let's keep going." I kept walking without noticing who was behind me until TC tapped my shoulder telling me Yeonhwa is not here anymore. "This is a scam, look, we 've been walking in a circle. Go outside and wait, I will find Yeonhwa. Make sure to tell everyone about this." Suddenly smoke came out of nowhere and I immediately used my gas mask but I don't know if Yeonhwa was wearing it.

I walk around while holding my gun and calling her name loudly until someone responds. Yeonhwa was standing near a walk crouching down because of how creepy the building was.

"Yeonhwa, it's okay," I said. "I'm here for you. Let's find a way out."

"Jaehyun, this is a maze," she said. "I tried to find a way out and I kept going in a circle." I helped her stand up and we kept walking. There should be a way out but before I found it something shot me in the leg. "Jaehyun." For the first time since training, I saw Yeonhwa use a gun to shoot, despite my leg bleeding I still walked to a safe place. At this point, I'm very tired and our smoke mask isn't helping anymore. Blood kept flowing out of my leg even after Yeonhwa attempted to stop the blood.

"Go find TC and others, I will be fine here," I said. "Go, if I die I will die in honor, go and live happily."

"I can't let you die alone and I don't know the way out. I can't leave you here," she said. For the first time, she disobeys my order. "I can't let you die alone."

"I will be fine, go get help," I said while grunting. It hurt, even more, when Yeonhwa tightened her jacket around my leg. "Yeonhwa, if you want to stay you can."

"Jaehyun, if we die we will die together," she said. I felt my body get weaker and weaker but Yeonhwa won't let me die. She kept talking to me even if she was tired. "This is the best time to express my feelings. I have had feelings for you since the first day we met in class when you were still my teacher. I didn't want to tell since it is weird for a student to like a teacher but now I'm my teacher's trusted teammate. Jaehyun, don't you dare close your eyes."

"I won't," I said in a tired voice. "You are lucky Yeonhwa, very lucky to be close with your captain/teacher." I rest my head on her leg while trying not to close my eyes. "Yeonhwa, I'm tired, my body hurts."

"Jaehyun just a bit more, I contacted TC through your radio and he said the team is finding a way through the maze," she said with a soft voice. "Don't worry you are strong enough to get past this." My eyes suddenly close and I still can feel Yeonhwa checking if I'm still breathing. I passed out and when I woke up I'm in the hospital.

End of flashback

After that Yeonhwa retired and it was the hardest thing in my life. She was the best co-leader I ever had.