chapter 13: Meg and Lisa's Babysitting Adventure

"Oh, my God..." Meg shivered. "Is he dead?"

"I-I don't think so..." Lisa said with her voice shaking.

Even Maggie came to see the scene.

Meg picked up Bart's head and cradled it as tears came in her eyes. "Oh, Bart... Please be okay... You were the only boy who was really nice to me... Please wake up... A-And we could run away together... Would you like that, Bart? If we run away together?"

Bart groaned a little and his eyes opened. "Meg...?"

"Oh, thank goodness..." Meg hugged him and kissed his forehead.

Bart stood up and looked to the girls, rubbing his cheek. "Why'd you kiss me?"

"Oh, sorry..." Meg stared at the floor. "That must've been lame..."

"Not really..." Bart smiled sheepishly to her.

"Bart, are you okay?" Lisa asked her brother.

"Yeah, I think so," Bart shrugged off his injuries. "It's just a bump on the head."

"Ew, your arm!" Lisa pointed while cringing to Bart's broken, now crooked arm. "It's got extra corners!"

Bart looked and gasped, but actually looked happy. "Oh, cool! It must be dislocated or something!"

"I'm gonna puke," Meg groaned. "We can't let your parents see you like that! Come on, I'll call Dr. Hibbert." she rushed to the telephone.

"And get this fixed, what's the rushed?" Bart still didn't seem to mind the pain. "Don't you want everyone to see how a responsible babysitter Lisa is?" he went off after that, scaring the girls.

"Lisa, I'm so sorry this had to happen, I didn't expect this to happen." Meg said to her friend.

"I just can't believe you let him get to you..." Lisa sighed. "I expected better from you..."

"I'm so sorry..."

"We just better get him before Mom and Dad call!"

"Oh, your mom's instincts must be kicking her butt... Moms are weird like that when not around."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

Lisa went to get Bart this time and try to make herself mature in this situation. Meg put Maggie in her crib with a smile, but frowned because of the caffine that Maggie crawled right out and escaped. 

"Maggie, come back here!" Meg chased the baby.

Maggie slid down the banister and flew on the couch like Superman. Meg sighed and continued to chase after her. She decided that she didn't want to babysit ever again. At least not for a little while. Meg firmly grabbed Maggie as she was fussy and hyper and Lisa rushed downstairs in a frenzy.

"Lisa, what's wrong?" Meg asked in a little concern.

"Bart hit his head again and he won't wake up!" Lisa cried. 

"Oh, my God!" Meg gasped as she kept trying to soothe Maggie enough to have the baby fall asleep instead of go on an endless sugar rush.

Lisa tried to call the emergency room, but once she said her name, she was called out for the prank calls thanks to Bart and Meg earlier. Meg felt guilty for that then, she got to have fun, but now it's really cost her. 

"Why don't you call Dr. Hibbert?" Meg asked as she kept trying to rock Maggie to sleep.

"Great idea!" Lisa gasped, she took out the phone book and was about to dial the number, but she looked as though she was having a nightmare right now. "I can't call Dr. Hibbert! He'll tell Mom and Dad I'm a bad babysitter and I can never babysit again!" she cried with tears in her eyes.