chapter 16: Simpsons vs Terwiligers

Meg, Bart, and Lisa memorized the way to the dam. This was it, they were going to get Sideshow Bob in a lot of trouble and no one was going to stop them. 

"How do we get in?" Meg asked the siblings.

"Through the window." Bart said as Lisa went on ahead that way.

Meg looked nervous.

"Here." Bart bent down, holding his hands together.

Meg gulped. She walked over, getting on Bart's hands, but not in a way to stomp them and hurt him. Bart then gently heaved her up through the window. He then climbed in right after her.

"Thanks, Bart." Meg said with a smile, though she lost her hat in the process.

Lisa turned the light on so they could examine better. "Come on, we better hurry, find anything suspicious."

Bart looked through, but didn't find anything very important. It was just construction paperwork. Meg looked around and then she found a briefcase. To her surprise, she could latch it open and she gasped once she saw what was in it. 

"Guys!" Meg got their attention. "Look at this!"

"Whoa, good eye, Meg!" Lisa gave her a thumb's up.

"This is more money than I've seen at once!" Meg saw the dollars. "There's gotta be like thousands!"

"Why would Sideshow Bob want or need such a bunch of money?" Bart tried to think, but the door was jiggling outside, meaning it was locked.

"We gotta hide!" Meg whimpered.

Bob broke his hand through the glass to get in through the door and the kids hid. Meg shook a little, she was very afraid of Bob right now and really didn't want to be here, but she was. Bart tried to shush her and hold her as they and Lisa hid behind the water cooler. Luckily none of them could be seen.

"Who left the lights on, who's in here?" Bob barged in, looking around for a possible spy. "Cletus? Cousin Merl? Big Hungry Joe?" he then looked down and saw Meg's pink beanie and cupped it in his hand, then walked ahead behind the water cooler and saw the kids.

"My hat!" Meg cried, taking it from him and putting it on her head.

"You three..." Bob growled.

Bart, Meg, and Lisa ran with the briefcase of money. They didn't want him to hurt them in a way they could never imagine. They ran into a place called the Turbine Room and Bob was coming after them. They ran down the stairs as Bob was still running toward them. It felt like an endless chase scene like on Scooby-Doo, but Bob never caught them. Finally, they were caught at a corner with a pipe. Dead End.

"This is it, we're gonna die!" Meg cried with tears in her eyes. "I wanna go home now!"

"Will you children stop tormenting me?" Bob walked toward them, he actually sounded more exasperated than they did. "I've done nothing wrong!"

"What about trying to kill Bart and his Aunt Selma?" Meg asked in an accusatory tone.

"Well, I haven't done anything wrong ever since!" Bob said then.

"Give it up, Bob, we found the money." Bart opened the briefcase, showing him the endless cash.

"Where did that come from? I've never seen that money before in my life." Bob claimed.

"Yeah, right!" Meg scoffed in disbelief, trying to hide her fear.

"Then you must have had your eyes closed when you embezzled it!" Lisa added sharply.