chapter 39: Sour Sweet 16

Bart and Lisa weren't sure whether to go to tonight's football game or not. They decided to not go and just watch an Itchy & Scratchy movie while Homer, Marge, Vinny, and Maggie would go to the game. However, when they got back, they got angry qucikly.

"They did WHAT!?" Bart was the most angry out of him and Lisa.

"Yes, it's true, they splashed raw meat all over poor Megan," Marge frowned. "I don't know if it was from the cafeteria or what..."

"I bet Connie did it!" Lisa was angry now too. "Meg's told me that Connie's been pushing her around since sixth grade!"

"Where's that blonde rat? I'll gut her like a kipper!"

"Now, Bart... You know I don't approve of violence..." Marge scolded a little. 

"I could get someone to take care of her..." Vinny spoke up.

Marge looked down at him. Back in Springfield, we had Fat Tony, I don't think we need a mob dog in our new home."

Vinny huffed, folding his arms.

"I think I know what to do..." Bart chuckled. 

"Bart, no, you're not hurting those poor popular kids!" Marge scolded. "I know they hurt Meg, but you shouldn't get involved!"

"Yeah, let karma finish it!" Homer added as he decided to get a nice late night shower.

Bart huffed, folding his arms as Marge went of find the kitchen.

Maggie walked over, sitting between her older siblings. "I heard that Connie D'Amico is having a Sweet 16 Party at her house and Megan's invited..."

"How'd she get invited?" Lisa asked.

"She spent the night with your teacher," Maggie explained which gave Bart and Lisa disgusted faces, but then she continued. "So the vampires wouldn't get him."

"Weird..." Bart rolled his eyes. "Well, either way, I'm gonna do somethin'... Show that Connie... I'm sick of her always tryin' to hit on me and take me away from Meg!"

"Aww, you're so sweet to Meg," Lisa smiled. "I bet you'll get married and have delinquent and unfortunate kids!" she then teased.

Bart hit her with a pillow after growling. "Shut up, Lees..."

"I know you'll think of something, Bart," Maggie smiled, admiring him more than Lisa. "And maybe I could be your helper!"

Bart chuckled, ruffling up her hair. "Maybe if you're lucky, Stinky Pants."

Maggie growled under her breath at that, but smiled at him.

The snow was quickly melting, but it was still a bit cold. Bart and Lisa were still unsure about seeing Meg. Bart decided to go to the Griffin house and have a word with her about this popularity thing when Meg mentioned she thought the meat thing was a friendly joke and now she gave the biology test answers to Connie, Gina, and the jocks.

"So, I heard you got invited to Connie's birthday party..." Bart said to her.

"Yeah, isn't it great?" Meg asked with a smile. "I feel willing enough to forgive you for being jealous of my popularity. How would you like to come to the party with me as my plus one?"

Bart groaned, rolling his eyes. "Listen Meg, I know these kids are using you... And, I'll help you get even. Oh, Maggie?~"

Maggie came in, kicking the door open as she held a rolled up paper in her tiny arms, then walked to the bed and lay it, rolling it open for them all to see.

"Connie D'Amico's house is two stories, now if we set up booby traps here, here—" Bart started to lay out.

"Where'd you get blueprints?" Meg asked, curiously.

"We have our ways..." Bart replied with glazed eyes.

"We went to city hall." Maggie said for him, making him glare at her, then back with a smile to Meg.

"Anyway, whatya say we trick out their cars?" Bart took out explosives.

Meg narrowed her eyes. "There you go again... Thinking the popular kids are using me... I thought you'd be over this, Bart... I mean, this could get you in a lot of trouble!"

"I'd be totally worth it." Bart smirked.

Meg stood up and opened her bedroom door. "Get out... Both of you, OUT!"

"But, Meg!" Bart and Maggie cried.

"OUT!" Meg hissed. "You can come to the party if you want, I'm sure Connie won't mind or care."

Bart sighed. "Come on, Mags..." he put her coat on, taking her hand. "I guess Meg doesn't like us anymore."

Maggie wasn't going to quit, she didn't think her brother would, but she just wasn't going to. Like her family, she grew very fond of Meg and wanted to help her in times of need, even if she was a baby when they first met. 

The next day, it was Connie's birthday party. Bart did in fact come, but he nearly looked like his father, he sat on the couch with a soda can and stared around, trying to avoid Connie. He tried to insult her and physically hurt her, but Connie just kept coming back for him. 

Meg came over to talk with Bart after the jocks went to see the girls they desired a lot more than her. "So, are you just gonna lie on your butt throughout the party?"

"Who are you, my mother?" Bart scoffed at her, feeling hurt that she wouldn't believe him about Connie and her friends.

"Why can't you and Lisa just be happy for me!?" Meg cried to him. "You guys are supposed to be my friends!"

"We are your friends, why won't you believe us!?"

Meg growled and stormed off. "Get away from me, Bart Simpson, I never wanna see you again!"

"Okay, now we're gonna play Seven Minutes in Heaven," Connie announced as Bart glumly drank more soda. "And it's my party, so I want Doug to go in the closet with Meg."

Meg blushed as she went with this boy named Doug. Bart decided he had enough, he crushed the soda can against his forehead and decided to leave. He heard everyone giggling, then heard a pig squeal as he saw his younger sister.

"Maggie, what're you—"

Maggie shushed him. Suddenly, the D'Amico door flew open with Meg in tears and running down to Bart. 

"Bart, you and Lisa were right!" Meg cried with her voice cracking. "I should've listened to you guys!"

Bart blinked, then hugged Meg as she cried into his shoulder, like he had always dreamed of. He patted her back. "It's okay, Meg... It's okay..." he glanced down to Maggie who then winked to him with a thumb's up. "Come on, Meg, let's get a root beer float... My treat."

Meg sniffled, she wiped her eyes and looked to him. Thank you, Bart... I would like that very much..."

Bart and Meg shared a root beer float together.

Back at the D'Amico house, the popular kids laughed as they humiliated Meg. They were about to leave with a photograph of Meg unintentionally making out with a pig. 

"Wait til the school year book sees this!" a jock laughed as he got in his car.

"Yeah!" the other agreed.

They tried to start their cars, but suddenly, their cars exploded. 

Connie screamed out in fright for them, shaking. "OH MY GOD!!! WHO DID THIS!?" she yelled, then saw the side of her house was signed with spray paint 'EL MAGGO'.