chapter 14: Brother From Another Series

After Bart's recovery, the family sat down in front of the TV for the nice evening. Meg was now both a friend to Bart and Lisa. She only occassionally played pranks with Bart, but she toned it down after the babysitting episode. They were watching another Krusty the Clown TV Special. He seemed to be in a prison this time as it was a prison special. He even had a guitar with him.

"Megan, has your father been to jail?" Homer asked out of curiosity.

"He should be based on the way he treats me and the family." Meg rolled her eyes, then she shared a laugh with the family.

"This is kinda exciting." Bart smiled as he watched Krusty at the prison to do a special.

"Just remember, Bart, convicts aren't cool, they're bad people." Marge firmly reminded her son.

"Oh, maybe so, but they get the job done." Bart shrugged, then looked back at the TV with Lisa and Meg.

Krusty cracked a few jokes to the prisoners he was visiting and made one laugh about his tax dollars. He then came to a frighteningly familiar prisoner who had palm tree like hair with large feet. Meg squinted her eyes at him and tried to remember what the Simpson family taught her, her eyes then widened. That was Sideshow Bob, he was a feared enemy in the Simpson family, but mostly to Bart. In fact, just seeing Bob made Bart scream, especially after Bob mentioned he had tried to murder the boy, point to the TV and run upstairs in fear.

"He said 'tried'!" Homer called out to his son. 

Marge sighed. "Oh, someone should really go up there and talk to him."

"I'll go," Meg stood up. "I may not know Sideshow Bob like you guys, but hopefully I can calm him down." she assured before going up.

"Such a sweet girl, I wish we could adopt her, we need a girl in our family." Homer smiled.

Maggie and Lisa narrowed their eyes at him then.

"What?" Homer asked in defense.

Meg knocked on Bart's bedroom door, but she only heard a shaky whimper. She then sighed and opened the door. "Bart, it's me, Meg. You okay?"

Bart shuddered, looking back at her. "Oh, Meg, I'm so jealous of you... You weren't here when it all happened... The Krusty framing, trying to kill my Aunt Selma and now me..." 

Meg sighed and sat across from him, crossing her legs only slightly. "Bart, I know this might be hard for you, but you're a strong kid... I'm sure you'll be alright... And, if he kidnapped both of us... I'll let him kill me instead of you."

"Oh, Meg..." Bart sounded touched.

"I mean it," Meg nodded firmly. "Besides... My family would be happier if I weren't around."

"As far as we're all concerned, you're a Simpson."

Meg smiled softly, then hugged him. Bart blushed and hugged her back. He just wished she lived in Springfield so they could hang out together more, especially in school. 

"I'm still scared of him..." Bart murmured.

"That's okay, I can imagine, just some guy wanting you dead..." Meg shuddered. 

"He's an unstoppable killing machine..."

Meg looked to the door as Homer, Marge, Maggie, and Lisa came to the door. 

"Everything okay?" Marge asked softly.

"I think he's gonna be okay," Meg assured with a smile, then looked back. "Don't worry, I'm sure he won't win."