chapter 20: Coming Dome This Summer

Meg was really shaken up while Lisa was telling Bart and her about Colin and how much they had in common. Meg was happy that Lisa found her soul mate, but she was still a little shaken up about what might happen. Abe's predictions had so far come true. So far, except for the trapped forever one. There was a rumbling heard however.

"W-What's that?" Meg blinked a little anxiously.

"Maybe Homer ate some burritos?" Bart shrugged.

Lisa looked out the window as helicopters were whirring and they seemed to have something glass coming with them into the town. "Come on, we gotta go see it!" she led the others out with her.

Meg ran with the Simpsons out in the backyard. They saw the helicopters from the government coming and they were sealing something onto the town. It looked like a glass prison.

"What is that thing?" Bart asked.

"It looks like a dome... Oh, man, this is like those movies where it's the end of the world!" Meg cried, pulling her brown hair out. "I knew something was gonna happen!"

"Trapped forever..." Marge moaned as Maggie slowly sucked her pacifier. "It's all come true..."

"That crazy old man in church was right!" Abe gasped out, despite that man being him.

Meg sighed. "Well... I guess I could live here from now on..."

Homer looked around and screamed out. "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!"

"We gotta see who did this." Meg spoke up harshly.

"Yeah, come on," Lisa nodded in agreement. "They can't hold us prisoner in our town like this!"

"Come on, guys!" Meg called, going into town with them.

The Simpsons and Meg went out into town. While they were going, so were many other people of Springfield. Chief Wiggum even tried to get his men to shoot the glass dome to free them. 

"People, people, I have an important announcement!" a dweebish man came to the scene.

"Who's that?" Meg whispered to the Simpson siblings.

"Professor Frink..." Bart and Lisa replied insufferably.

Meg shrugged, then looked back to him. "So, umm... Professor Frink, what's going on? Do you have a way to help us?"

"I'm glad you asked, little girl," Frink smiled to her. "I have just perfected an acid-firing super-drill which can cut through anything!"

The citizens clamored in excitement.

"That's great, sir, where is it?" Meg asked.

"It's right there!" Frink pointed, then looked disappointed once he realized where his new tool was. "Just... Outside of the dome..."

Meg sighed, but patted him on the back with an apologetic smile.

Sideshow Mel was hitting against the glass with his bone, looking devastated as he couldn't successful doing it. "What ruthless madman could have done this to us?"

"The United States Government," a voice called, everyone looked up to see an aged man no one had seen before appear on the dome for everyone to see. "My name is Russ Cargill, and I'm head of the EPA."

Everyone murmured among themselves.

"The what?" Moe asked.

"Environmental Protection Agency." Meg explained for him.