chapter 24: Stupid Birthday Party

After school that day, Meg, Bart, and Lisa took the bus. Bart and Lisa pointed out their house to show that they now lived in Cleveland Brown's house after he moved back to Virginia. 

"This is great though, we'll be neighbors!" Meg beamed at the Simpson siblings. "At least you guys remembered my birthday."

"Of course we did," Lisa smiled. "What kind of idiots would we be if we forgot your birthday?"

"My family." Meg deadpanned, folding her arms.

"Aw, forget 'em," Bart scoffed. "Say, can we come over?"

"Is it already okay with your parents?"

"Yeah, when we realized today was your birthday and we were going to James Woods High, we thought we'd come by," Lisa smiled. "Plus we heard your parents got a party for you!"

Meg noticed parked cars in her family's driveway. "Yeah!"

"Let's put our books and bags away and we'll be right over." Lisa said with a smile.

"Okay, see you guys there!" Meg chuckled, happily running off to her house.

Bart and Lisa smiled together, Lisa had a sneaky smile though.

"What?" Bart looked to his sister.

"Oh, nuthin'..." Lisa smirked. "You still like Meg, don't you?"

"What!? No, I moved on after she left Springfield against her will!" Bart folded his arms, but he seemed to be blushing. "For all I know, the boyfriend she has now is lucky and I could care less about— Yeah, I still like her..." he gave up, mumbling.

"I knew it," Lisa grinned. "Who knew she'd still live here after all these years?"

"I know and she has a baby brother now," Bart sounded astounded by that fact. "Before you were born, we had to move into the house we had today until Maggie started going to school."

Homer walked by with a smile. "Megan lives here?"

"Yeah, she does," Lisa nodded. "She's having a birthday party right now. I'm surprised her parents even remembered that it was today."

"Probably needed zillions of reminders... I'm also ready to meet these parents," Bart sounded aggressive as he rose his fist. "I've wanted to give them a piece of my mind since Meg told us about 'em!"

"Now, Bart, I won't let you beat up Meg's parents." Homer said to him.

"Sorry, Dad..."

"Allow me!" Homer grinned. "We'll do it as father and son!"

"Yeah!" Bart jeered.

Lisa groaned, rolling her eyes. 

After getting ready, the Simpson family came to the door. 

"Now, Maggie, I want you to be on your best behavior," Marge told her youngest now six-year-old daughter as she held her hand. "We don't know this Griffin family very well, but let's hope we can all get along."

"They have to be better than Flanders..." Homer mumbled.

"All right, come in ever—" the red-headed woman opened the door, then noticed the yellow-skinned family. "Uhh... Who are you all?"

"We're the Simpsons," Lisa explained as she held a gift wrapped package. "You must be Mrs. Griffin... You are a very beautiful woman."

"Oh, thank you..." Lois chuckled a little. "Um... Have we all met?"