chapter 49: Wedding Day

Meg and Bart had a wonderful wedding reception. Meg's family was not invited, so Abe decided to be the one to walk Meg down the asile and give her to Bart. Reverend Lovejoy smiled fondly to the young couple about to be married.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to join Bartholomew Jojo Simpson and Megan Griffin in holy matrimomy..." the church man started the speech. 

Marge was nearly crying and Homer held her, gently patting her on the back. He assured her that it was going to be all okay. Lisa was a bridesmaid, Maggie was the flower girl, and Milhouse and Neil were groomsmen. 

"Do you, Bart take Meg to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Lovejoy asked the groom.

Bart sniffled with a smile. "I do."

"And do you, Meg, take Bart to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Lovejoy then asked the bride.

Meg looked like she was about to cry with tears of joy as her face was glowing with pride as it looked like her hopes and dreams could live on once more. "I do."

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife," Lovejoy finally said with a weary smile. "You may kiss the bride."

Bart gushed as he grabbed the veil gently and lifted it over his wife's face, then kissed her. Meg kissed back, a tear rolling down her cheek. The crowd happily clapped and cheered as the wedding bells in the church rang with pride. Bart and Meg came up to their high-towered white cake with both mini figures of themselves on the tippy top. They saw the cake, then looked back to their friends and family cheering and having fun with and for them. Meg now understood that was weddings were the happiest days of many womens' lives. 

"Hey, Meg, it's about time for you to toss your bouquet." Bart nudged his new wife with a smile.

"You're right." Meg smiled, she then turned herself around and tossed her flowers in the air and they landed into Lisa's hands.

"Wow, what luck!" Lisa felt pleased.

"I was hopin' they'd land at ya." Meg winked with a smile.

Lisa laughed then.

"Boring," Maggie rolled her eyes. "Can we have cake now?"

"Maggie, don't be rude, Meg has to cut the cake first!" Homer scolded slightly.

"Right." Marge agreed with her husband and smiled to him for being mature about it.

Sorry, Maggie, here, I'll save you a nice big slice," Meg smiled, then went to the cake. "Ready, Bart?"

"Ready, babe." Bart smiled as he was going to help her. 

The crowd clapped and cheered as the bride and groom cut the cake and handed slices to all their guests. Except for the top. It was a tradition to freeze that part of the cake for a year and eat it on the first anniversary. 

"Wonder what mini Meg and mini Bart taste like?" Maggie asked herself as she held the bride and groom figure, then licked it and smiled. "Mm... Marzipan!" she smiled, then drooled as she kept eating it. 

"She takes after Homer alright." Bart chuckled at his baby sister.

"Hey, look at that." Meg pointed ahead.

Bart and Meg looked over. 

"Well, Lisa, it looks as though you've caught the bridal bouquet," Neil smiled to the lead bridesmaid. "Who do you suppose is gonna pop the question on ya?"

"I dunno," Lisa shrugged honestly with a smile. "If Milhouse hadn't gone back to Samantha Stankey, I'd suspect him. I don't know why he even had a crush on me, I mean, if I were the older sibling and Bart and Milhouse were younger, it'd be typical."