chapter 44: Barely Legal

It was about a couple of weeks since the incident of Mental Mike, James Woods High no longer had to live in fear, especially not Meg since she was the one challenged against that psychopathic bully. Meg walked with Lisa to the new house and came in. Bart was lying down on the couch, wearing a robe and looked a little better.

"Hey, Bart, feeling any better?" Meg asked as she sat on the couch not too close next to him.

"Yeah, I should be back by tomorrow," Bart smiled, then moaned a little as he took the homework he missed from his sister. "Thanks, Lees." 

Lisa smiled, then went to get a head start on her homework.

"So, how was school?" Bart asked.

Meg sighed. "There's a dance on Friday night... No one will go with me."

Bart blinked, a little surprised. "Really? No one?"

"No one..." Meg sighed. "I think Neil would've if he hadn't gotten over me..."

"Yeah, sorry about that, Meg..." Lisa frowned. "I think I'm liking Neil more than Sarah, but I don't want her to be left out."

"Aww, my little sister's got a best friend with benefits." Bart chuckled.

Lisa rolled her eyes. "You're lucky you almost got killed two weeks ago, otherwise I'd punch ya."

"Meg, I'm feeling a lot better, you know," Bart said to her. "Maybe I could take you to the dance on Friday."

"Aw Bart, you don't have to..." Meg coaxed.

"I insist... Besides, I wouldn't wanna be with anyone else than the girl of my dreams."

Meg blushed with a chuckle. "Mr. Simpson, you're spoling me~..."

"Ah, but the Mademoiselle Griffin, she deserves to be as spoiled as much as possible..." Bart said in a French accent, making her laugh and her laugh would make him smile.

Lisa rolled her eyes, but smiled.

"I drawed this for you..." Maggie walked over with a paper of a crayon drawing.

"Aw, Maggie, what's this, huh?" Meg took the paper with a smile. "Is this another picture for me."

"Uh-huh, that's you an' Bart gettin' married." Maggie replied with a smile, shuffling her foot on the ground.

"Aw... Thanks, Maggie..." Meg smiled fondly, then hugged the little girl with one arm. "You're an amazing artist... Homer and Marge should put this on the fridge."

"Really?" Maggie squealed in delight. "The fridge!?"

"Alright, let's see this," Homer took the picture, then smiled. "Wow, Maggie, you're getting better than Daddy!"

"She's only six-years-old, but almost a Van Gogh!" Marge beamed.

"Just don't cut off your ear, Mags..." Bart whispered, making everyone laugh then.

"Bart, you're recovering nicely," Marge smiled, then frowned. "I can't believe your school let a fight happen! I mean, Megan could've seriously been hurt! Didn't anyone tell the Principal?"

"He just made wagers about who'd win, my guess is most of them were for Mike." Lisa snorted.

"Yeah, that sounds about right..." Bart snarled himself. "Oh, Meg, what did you wanna tell me two weeks ago?"

"Huh?" Meg thought back and remembered, but she seemed hesitant to say it in front of the family. "Uhh... I can't remember... I-I'll look in my diary to see if I wrote it down there..." she chuckled sheepishly.

"Oh, okay," Bart shrugged with a smile. "I hope I can make it to the dance, Meg."

"Me too, Bart," Meg smiled. "Me too."

"Isn't it lovely, Marge?" Homer put an arm around his wife's shoulder.

Marge smiled fondly to her 'Homie'. "It really is..."

"I wanna go to the dance too!" Maggie cried out.

"Sorry Maggie, but you're too young," Lisa said, making Maggie pout. "But don't worry, someday you'll have your own dance." 

"Really?"

"Yeah, you'll be just like a princess!"

Maggie blushed. "I'd love to be a princess~..." 

Lisa giggled. "Until then, you're just plain old Margaret Simpson."

Homer pulled a confused face. "Who's Margaret?" About seven years later and he still didn't get that Maggie was short for Margaret.

A while later, the big day of the dance came. Now came the hard part, Bart had his tux on with a red bow tie and he had his hair slicked down like on Church mornings. That wasn't the hardest part for him, the fact that his date was a member of the Griffin family drove him crazy. He had to go all the way to the Griffin house to pick up Meg, he did his best not to insult either one of them and try to shrug off their snide comments about the girl of his dreams. Bart rang the doorbell and waited for someone to come to the door.

Stewie opened the door, looking up at the taller and lankier Bart Simpson than seven years ago. "What the deuce do you want? I don't give to UNICEF."

"I'm Bart Simpson, who the Hell are you?"

"Who the crap is ringin' our doorbell at this hour?" Peter came to the door, drinking his beer. "What do you want?"

"I'm here for your daughter, Mr. Griffin..." Bart forced himself to say.

"Sorry, Meg ain't dead yet, you'll have to wait until she kills herself which could be any time now..."

"PEETAH!" Lois hissed, then smiled apologetically to the gentleman at the door. "I'm sorry about him... You must be Bartholomew... Come inside..."

"I'd rather not..." Bart scoffed. "Is Meg ready to go?"

Lois turned to the staircase. "Meg, you got a visitor!" she called up.

Meg came to the top of the stairs and Bart looked at her, his mouth wide. She looked very beautiful in her pink dress with a corsage and short hot pink heels. She came down the steps and took Bart's arm. "Ready to go?"

"Meg, you look amazing," Bart smiled fondly to her. "Y-Yeah... I'm ready to go..."

"Don't wait up~" Meg smirked to her parents before going to the Simpson car to spend most of the evening at James Woods High. 

"How the Hell did Meg get a prom date?" Peter looked outraged and disgusted.

"Poor boy must've lost a bet." Lois muttered under her breath.

"This is so exciting," Meg chirped to Bart as they walked with their arms linked together. "I never thought I'd ever be able to go to a school dance! I went one time though..."

"Yeah, what happened?"

"Well, before you came, Mom made Brian come with me... Connie and Gina said that dogs weren't allowed in school, so I'd have to go home, but Brian could stay..."

Bart looked very angry. This madness with the whole world hating Meg had to stop. He was going to do something about it, starting tonight.