chapter 42: Bart's Proposition

After school, Lisa and Sarah played video games while Meg sat on the couch next to Maggie in depression.

"You sure you don't want me to sock this guy for ya, Meg?" Maggie asked.

Meg sighed, but pet the girl's head. Thanks, Maggie... But I gotta do this myself..."

"No you don't!" Bart came through the front door with tight muscles.

"Bart, there you are!" Lisa came over to her brother. "Where've you been lately?"

"To the gym," Bart flexed his new muscles. "You're not fighting Mental Mike on Friday, Meg. I am."

"WHAT!?" the girls gasped.

"Bart, I can't let you sacrifice yourself for me like that!" Meg came up to him. "You'll get killed!"

Bart sighed. "I know... But it's better me than you... And no matter what happens... I'll love you, Meg... Now and forever..."

"Oh, Bart..." Meg sniffled as she hugged him.

"Meg... If I survive this... Would you marry me?"

"Marry you?"

Bart looked to her with a small smile. "You don't have to... But I want my last memory of you to be a happy lifetime... So would you, Meg Griffin?" he got down on one knee. "Would you marry me?" he asked, taking her hand.

Meg looked to him and smiled, but had tears in her eyes. "I would like that very much, Bart..."

"Bart... Are you serious?" Lisa asked her brother. "Would you really consider marrying Megan?"

"Of course I would..." Bart stood up. "I love her... She's my Valentine... My true love... And even though I might die after Friday... I'd like her to be my wife..."

Meg sniffled, then hugged him back. "And I would like to be your wife, have you as my husband... And I want you to be in my baby's life."

Lisa and Sarah sniffled with smiles. This was totally sweet and very heartwarming. 

"Wait, Meg's gonna have a baby?" Maggie asked suddenly, making everyone stare suddenly.