chapter 45: Oh, What a Night

Bart drove up to the parking lot of the school and kept his arm linked with Meg. She looked very pale and a little sickly.

"Meg, you sure you wanna go through with this?" Bart asked his sweetheart. "We can always go back to my place..."

"I-I'm fine..." Meg assured him, though she was indeed shaky. "I'm just.... Getting over the flu."

"You had the flu?"

"Uhh... Oh, look, we're here!"

Lisa and Neil were sitting on the bleachers together. It looked like Lisa was going to stay with Neil and she even told Sarah about that. Sarah was sure it was okay and she mentioned she found someone who seemed lonely in their lesbian alliance club and decided to maybe spend some time with her. 

Sarah and Lisa were still totally going to be friends though, plus not to mention that Bart got an old call from Milhouse and he wanted to talk with Lisa about something important, that he had fallen out of love with her like Neil did with Meg and was in love with an old possible girlfriend he made one year when they were little kids named Samantha Stankey. 

Bart and Meg smiled and decided to go see Lisa and Neil.

"Hey, Lees, where's Sarah?" Bart asked.

"She decided to spend some time with Alex," Lisa said to him with a smile, not even feeling that sad. "She invited us to get chocolate milkshakes tomorrow though."

"Care to join us?" Neil invited.

"I see nothing wrong with that, I could definitely go for some chocolate." Meg smiled, looking instantly hungry.

Bart was worried about Meg's odd behavior. He thought maybe it was that 'monthly gift' from Mother Nature, but he had never seen Lisa act this way or Meg before from the four months they had spent in Quahog as new residents. Oh, well, it was probably nothing.

"Ooh, this is a good song," Neil smiled, extending his arm. "Care to dance, Lisa?"

"Boy, I'd love to, Neil." Lisa smiled fondly, then stood up to join the geeky boy, not caring how nerdy he was.

Lisa and Neil giggled together as they got on the dance floor once a preppy song came on. They then had some fun and jumped with the other students.

"So Meg, you wanna dance?" Bart asked his beloved.

"Uhh... Bart, I'd love to, but I feel a little queasy right now..." Meg said as they sat on the bleachers. "I-I'm sorry, Bart... I should just come right out and say it..."

"Meg... What's wrong?" Bart looked very worried to her.

Meg shook and took a very deep breath. "Bart... I... I... I... I'm a little hungry actually... Could you get me some of those chocolate puddings?"

"Sure Meg, no problem." Bart said softly. He wasn't angry or upset with her, he just wished she would spit out whatever she wanted to tell him. He took out a good amount of money and went to get the sweets.

"Hi Bart~" a voice greeted.

Bart sighed sharply, then turned to see the alpha bitch of James Woods High in her ruby red dress. "Connie, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not interested in you!?"

"You say that now, but you're just blind cuz you feel so sorry for that dog in the school." Connie took his hands.

"What dog?" Bart gave her a look. "My dog is back home."