chapter 18: Worst Day of Life

"Ha-Ha... Ha-Ha... Ha-Ha... Ha-Ha..." Nelson continued, but sounded very hoarse as it was getting close to sundown and still, no one came for them.

"Nelson, honey, where have you been?" Mrs. Muntz came to her son.

Nelson pointed to Bart and Meg, which made the bully's mother laugh and point. Finally, Homer pulled up with the car.

"Dad!" Bart gasped.

"Mr. Simpson!" Meg gasped as well.

"What seems to be the problem, officers?" Homer asked Wiggum, Eddie, and Lou.

"Tell them you dared us to do it!" Meg encouraged Homer to tell the truth while Bart nodded in agreement.

"If that's true, then you should be taking the rap here, not your son." Wiggum added as Bart and Meg smiled to Homer.

Homer got out of the car, looking curious. "And what happens to me if it's my fault?"

"You'll have to attend a one hour parenting class." Wiggum informed.

This made Homer blame the whole thing on Bart and it wasn't Meg's fault. Meg was glad she wasn't blamed, but she couldn't believe Homer did such a thing. Wiggum let Meg and Bart go, but told Bart he would see him in court.

"Homer, what the heck!?" Meg glared up at the man. "I would expect that from my father, but not from you!"

"Are you kiddin'?" Homer looked back at her. "I can't take an hour out of my day just to learn to be a better parent!"

Meg groaned, rolling her eyes. 

"Look, I'm making it up to you both, we're gonna get some lunch." Homer had a smile.

"Did you at least bring our clothes?" Bart asked.

"Here, Megan," Homer handed Meg a bag of all the clothes she needed, so she quickly got dressed, then handed Bart his clothes. "And here you are, Bart."

Bart had his orange shirt on, but tried to cover his lower half. "You didn't bring my pants!"

"Who am I, Tommy Bahama?"

"Oh, this is the worst day of my life." Bart moaned in embarrassment.

"Worst day of your life so far." Homer told him, gently tapping the top of his nose with a smile.

Meg sighed as she got the door for them. "Come on, Bart, let's just go eat..."

Homer and Bart followed after her. They passed Ned Flanders on the way as he was now eating with Rod and Todd.

"Say, Bart..." Ned greeted.

"What do you want, Flanders?" Bart scoffed at him.

"If you need pants, I carry and extra pair," Ned held up a spare pair of pants to the boy. "I mean, you know how boys are, always praying through the knees."

"Why are you helping me?" Bart asked as he took the pants. "I'm not your kid."

"We're neighbors," Ned smiled. "I'm sure your father would do the same for my boys."

"At least he doesn't fart in your face." Meg tried to cheer Bart up.

Homer came by and stole fries from Rod and Todd before taking Meg and Bart with him. "Thank you!"

"Okay, that was just as rude..." Meg sighed, putting her palm to her face, feeling wrong.