chapter 27: Kiss Seen Around the World

Later that night, Meg was indeed watching the news. She even watched in the morning before school and she couldn't wait to tell Bart and Lisa about the news internship she heard about and hoped maybe one or both of them would come with her. 

"So, what do you guys think?" Meg asked once she finished talking with them about the internship.

Bart looked like he spent all day in school with no chance of getting out, he let out a yawn. "Honestly, Meg, that sounds boring... Ya can count me out..."

"Aw, okay, how 'bout you, Lisa?" Meg looked to the younger sister.

"Well, I think it would be an interesting opportunity for my young self to get out there and try something new like journalism," Lisa smiled. "I'll go with you, Meg."

Meg smiled at her. "Thanks, Lisa."

"When is it?"

"After school, I'll take you to the news station, I found the directions."

"Alright, this is so thrilling!" Lisa squealed in delight.

Meg squealed with her.

Bart rolled his eyes at the squealing. "Girls..."

After school, Meg and Lisa went to the Quahog News Station. They saw a sign for the intern interviews and went to the girls' section ad the boys were separated from them. The girls must be interviewed by Diane Simmons while the boys would get Tom Tucker. 

"Aw, man, look at those girls," Meg frowned once she saw four girls across from them who looked very beautiful and confident enough for the position. "We're not gonna make it in."

"Don't say that, Meg," Lisa coaxed. "We could have a chance."

Meg sighed, she sat in the extra seats with Lisa that were across from the perky looking girls. Once they sat down, the newswoman Diane Simmons came out and looked at the ones who came for the job. 

Diane looked at the girls, then looked to Meg and Lisa, but focused mostly on Meg and smiled to her. "Congratulations, you got the job!"

"Wow, Meg, what luck!" Lisa smiled at her friend.

"I-I didn't even do anything, really?" Meg smiled sheepishly.

"Of course," Diane smiled to her. "You'll be our new female intern."

"Oh, my God!" Meg stood up in delight. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! This is beyond anything I've ever dreamed of!"

"You and your partner will start first thing tomorrow after school."

"Sorry, Lisa, looks like we can't make those friendship bracelets." Meg said apologetically to Lisa.

"That's okay, we got plenty of time for that," Lisa smiled, hugging Meg in congratulation, then walked off. "Well, see ya later! Have fun!"

"Thanks, Lisa!" Meg waved to her, then looked back to Diane. "So, who's my partner?"

"Hey there, hot stuff." a slimy familiar voice greeted.

Meg turned in dismay to see her crush with the weasel known as Neil Goldman. Meg recoiled in horror. This was a great honor, but why did her partner have to be him? 

Meg went to the Simpson house to tell them the news, knowing her own family wouldn't care to know or even bother to question it.