chapter 48: The Newest Simpson

The rest of the school year was kind of a blur to Meg and Bart, mostly due to being expelled together. Luckily, by the last day of school, Meg would have to be in a state where she would have to stay off her feet a while. Homer and Marge let her stay with them and wouldn't even let Peter and Lois near her. Better yet, Homer got a restraining order against the Griffin family.

In the mean time, Bart got Peter arrested due to his weekly shenanigans and being a jerk to his family. Chris and Stewie even had to relocate to live with their Aunt Carol while Lois was also arrested due to being a very horrible parent and she had stolen a lot of expensive things in her life. 

Meg had changed a lot during the pregnancy and since Bart stood up for her. Times before, she missed her family, especially during the reality show craze, but this time, she didn't even care to even think about her family. She was mostly focused on becoming a Simpson and that she was going to be a mother.

"Have you two discussed names yet?" Homer asked as he put up his newspaper, having another lazy lunch day with his family.

"Yeah," Bart said after taking a big drink of juice. "Selma if it's a girl, and Shane if it's a boy."

"Selma?" Marge sounded touched.

"I might not have known Selma that well, but we thought it would be a nice honor, Marge," Meg said with a smile. "Oh, could I have some more donuts?"

"Of course, dear." Homer passed the donuts to her.

"Do you guys think you'll get married after high school graduation?" Lisa asked as she ate her broccoli and cheese.

"That's what we're countin' on, and Dad, thanks for babysitting while we go to school next year." Bart smiled.

"Anything for you guys." Homer smiled.

Maggie was bored, she really wanted the baby to be born already, everybody was always talking about it and due to being the youngest, she didn't know what would actually take so long about having the baby. 

After June ended, it was getting time to celebrate the Fourth of July. However, when Meg was sleeping in a bigger guest bed, she bit her lip, nearly feeling the blood draw out from her lips. She then lifted her covers and flinched, then saw Maggie coming by with a glass of milk with a large cookie for an after midnight snack.

"Maggie?" Meg whispered, but was loud enough for the girl to hear.

"Huh?" Maggie looked back at her. 

"Could you wake up your parents, Bart, and Lisa?" Meg whispered, kind of nervous and scared. "It's time..."

"Time for what?"

"The baby's coming!"

Maggie looked very excited, then went off to do just that. "Be right back, Meg!"

Soon enough, the whole house was awake. Meg was screaming and yelling as soon as they got in the car and dashed to the hospital as quickly as they could. Meg was yelling and screaming all the way, Homer tried to tune it out the best he could so he could drive them safely to the hospital to deliver his grandchild. Maggie was still excited to become an aunt despite being seven-years-old. However, she was disappointed when she was shut out, Marge, and Homer decided to stay and Bart was going to wheel Meg in and Lisa was going to become the midwife.

"Sorry sir, family only." Dr. Hartman told the yellow-skinned boy.

"He's my husband." Meg said quickly.

Dr. Hartman's eyes widened. "Alright, come on in!"

"Just breathe, babe, it'll be all over soon." Bart coaxed.

Meg was on the hospital bed, screaming and wailing for dear life as she grasped Bart's hand. Having this baby better be worth it. Marge taught her that the first baby is always hard. Meg yelled and screamed in almighty pain.

"All right, Mrs. Simpson, just a few more pushes..." Dr. Hartman said.

"And then the baby will come out?" Bart asked softly and nervously.

"No, then I'll be rid of her horrible screaming!"

Bart and Meg narrowed her eyes. Meg then bit her lip and screamed again.

"I see the feet!" Dr. Hartman cried.

"I THOUGHT THE HEAD CAME OUT FIRST!" Meg hissed to him.

"Nope, I'm afraid your baby's coming out feet first..." Dr. Hartman said, chuckling. "Boy, is that gonna look bad..." he then nudged Bart. "Boy did you two mess up."

Bart smacked the doctor across the face. "JUST HELP US GIVE ME MY SON OR DAUGHTER!"

"All right, all right, sheesh..." Hartman rubbed his face, then went to Meg's open legs. "Don't have a cow, man."

Bart nearly growled to him. "I'll fucking kill you..."

Meg yelled a little more, but then she took deep breaths as soon as she forced out a baby boy and the crying was heard.

"It's a girl with a penis!" Dr. Hartman announced as he held the baby who had blonde hair and peach skin with a pointed nose. "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Simpson, it's a hermaphrodite!"

Bart snatched the baby and kicked the doctor in his groin, then smiled as he came to Meg's side. "It's all over, babe... Our baby is here..."

Meg took her breathing, then looked over with a sleepy smile. "Aw... He's so cute..."

"What's his name?" Lisa asked. 

"Shane," Bart said with a smile. "Shane Homer Simpson."

"Such a perfect name..." Lisa was very happy about the baby's middle name, despite several differences and the dysfunctional family. 

Bart and Meg smiled to each other. The baby looked more like Meg, but had blonde hair like Bart, the baby even had a pointed nose. After Bart cut the umbilical cord, it was time to sign the birth certificates and meet the family to show them the newest Simpson.

"Am I an aunt or an uncle?" Maggie asked hyperactively. "Am I an aunt or an uncle? I gotta know, I gotta know!"

Lisa chuckled. "You're an aunt regardless of the baby's gender, but if it's a girl, it's your niece, but if it's a boy, it's your nephew."

"Oh... So boy or girl?"

"It's a boy," Meg said with a smile as she held the bundle in the baby blue blanket wrapped among her belsom. "His name is Shane Homer Simpson."

"Homer?" Marge asked with a smile.

Homer sniffled, feeling so honored. "You gave the baby my name?"

"Sure," Bart said with a soft smile. "I don't say it often, but I love you..... Dad...."

"Oh, Bart!" Homer sniffled, hugging his son, it was a lot longer than the few quick ones they would give each other in their lifetimes with each other. 

"Shane," Meg looked to her future sisters-in-law. "These are your aunts... Lisa and Maggie..."

Lisa and Maggie smiled as they looked down to the infant. Shane looked up and gave a newborn smile to them before falling asleep. Maggie felt so pleased that the baby smiled at her. This would be the beautiful start of the next generation of the Simpsons family. Only now, Bart and Meg had to get married by next year, and Shane would be a year old by then. At least he would now know that his parents would be getting married by the time they would finish their school careers as seniors and were going to celebrate together.