chapter 15: Meg Meets Sideshow Bob

Meg and Bart got to work the next morning. Lisa wasn't interested in going with them, so Meg and Bart were on their own and they were going to spy on Bob and Cecil. It was said that Cecil would be taking Bob to work with him from now on, so they decided to get a view of the local construction sight. Bart's best friend Milhouse heard about it and wanted to go with them.

"So, are you Bart's girlfriend or something?" Milhouse asked.

"Why does everybody keep asking us that?" Meg asked as she glanced back at the big-nosed, blue-haired boy.

"I dunno..." Bart shrugged, slightly rolling his eyes.

"Didja guys know that I'm gonna marry Lisa?" Milhouse grinned. 

"Uhh, let us know how that works out for ya..." Bart mumbled.

"A long time ago in a galaxy far away." Meg added, which made Bart laugh and she smirked that she had made him laugh.

Bart, Lisa, and Milhouse hid into the bushes. Meg took out her binoculars as they took a look and they saw the two Terwiliger brothers walking to get a view of the river.

"Great, they can't see us, but we see them." Meg said to the boys.

"Why are they here anyway?" Bart asked.

"I heard they're making a dam," Meg explained, looking back briefly. "Though knowing Sideshow Bob based on what you told me, it could be for other uses..." she said before looking back at the brothers.

"Maybe it has to do with the town's water supply." Bart had a hunch.

"Maybe he's gonna pee in the river!" Milhouse spoke up.

"Nah, that's not his style." Bart replied.

Meg rolled her eyes at what Milhouse said. "Boys..." she mumbled again.

Bob looked into the distance, he then seemed to spot the kids. "Hello, Bart!" he called, actually sounding friendly, but Bart hid under the bushes.

Bart, Milhouse, and Meg left the scene.

"Well, that got us nowhere, what do we do now?" Meg asked.

"Watch cartoons?" Milhouse asked with a smile.

"No... Something constructive..." Meg told him flatly.

"I heard Mrs. Krabappel discuss her dinner plans at the grocery store," Bart said, wrapping his arm around her. "I say we make two dinner reservations for The Pimento Grove and catch him in the act before he does something crazy like kill her!"

"All right, boys' night out!" Milhouse cheered.

"Sorry, Milhouse, but this dinner is for me and Meg." Bart told him.

"Aw, geez..." Milhouse murmured, walking off in disappointment.

"Bart Simpson taking me out for dinner?" Meg smirked to the yellow-skinned boy. "Why, we hardly know each other..."

"Oh, Miss Griffin, you deserve so much better." Bart chuckled to her in an exotic French accent.

The kids had to dress rather formal. Bart wore his church clothes and told his parents he'd like to be alone with Meg tonight which made everyone come to the conclusion. Bart had a crush on Meg. Yes, he actually did, but this dinner was for a different reason.

"Hey, Meg, you ready to go or what?" Bart asked, knocking on Maggie's bedroom door anxiously. "Bob's probably gonna gut Mrs. Krabappel like a kipper by now!"