chapter 31: Truth Comes Out

Before bed, Meg was telling Lisa about how her parents didn't understand her 'lesbianism'. Lisa then decided since Meg was going to have Sarah over sometime that she should fess up and get it off her chest sometime soon.

It was almost all over and she had to end this chapter in the eternally written book that was her life. When Sarah came over, they were looking at many adult magazines with nude pictures of girls in them. While they were relaxing with their magazines, Lois decided to come in and have Meg drop this lesbian act.

"So, how's my suddenly lesbian daughter doin'?" Lois asked, trying to sound casual, when that clearly wasn't a casual question to ask somebody, family or not.

"Great," Meg smiled. "We're checking out naked girls. I am SOOO into girls."

"Oh, come on, Meg, you can stop this charade," Lois grunted at Meg's behavior. "My God, you're as transparent as your father was when he pretended to be a Hasidic Jew to get off work."

"It's not a charade, Mom!" Meg yelled at her mother. "I am a lesbian! What do I have to do to prove this to you?"

"Well, maybe if I'd seen you kiss your girlfriends." Lois suggested, gesturing to Sarah and Lisa.

"Fine." Meg gave Sarah and Lisa quick kisses on the cheek.

"What was that?" Lois glanced. "What are they, your grandmothers" she then scoffed. "That's no kiss... Watch this..."

"Uhh... Mrs. Griffin, what are you doing?" Lisa was a little uncomfortable once the woman came to sit on the bed with them. "I can show you I'M a lesbian..."

"Oh, yeah?" Lois challenged.

"Yeah!" Lisa then scooted down closer next to Sarah and moaned as she started to make-out with Sarah. Lois and Meg were very shocked and wide-eyed at this scenario. Chris fell out of Meg's closet with a video camera and ran out of the room as he was busted by the girls.

"Look, I can't tell you how to lead your life," Lois looked to the girls, but Meg in particular. "If you don't wanna face the truth, there's nuthin' I can do about it." she then walked away from the girls.

Quagmire came out of the closet as Lois left. "Chris, I'm all out of digital audio tape. Oh, he's gone..." he then looked to the high school students. "Hey, can I get you guys to sign these release forms?" he asked, taking out a clipboard.

After that, Sarah decided she should get home. Sarah seemed to be very lustful from the kiss that Lisa gave her and seemed to had been falling in love with the girl. Lisa gave the same smile after Sarah had left.

"That was magical..." Sarah whispered, feeling empowered and ran along home.

"Lisa, I need to come clean with Sarah, Mom's right," Meg said to her pen pal. "I guess we can't go to the party..."

"Well... you can't..." Lisa muttered.

"I can't believe you made out with Sarah like that just to get Mom off our backs."

"Actually, Meg... I didn't do it just for that."

"What?"

"Meg..." Lisa heaved a sharp sigh. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you... It all started in middle school with Francine Rhenquist... You see, Meg... I-I... I'm... I'm a bisexual."

"What?" Meg blinked to her.

"That means I like guys and girls," Lisa explained. "But... I like girls a lot more... I made out with Sarah because... I kinda like her like her..."

Meg was surprised. "Lisa, why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because, it's a lot harder to admit than you think it is," Lisa scooted closer to her. "So far, only you and Bart know... And I'd like Sarah to know too... When I'm comfortable enough, I'll tell Sarah... Can you help me tell her?"

Meg sighed, but then smiled. "I suppose I could... Thank you for telling me, Lisa... Is that why you've been acting strange lately?"

"Yes, Meg, it is... I was just a little nervous to tell you because of how you'd been acting..."

"We better talk with Sarah together then... Even if we can't go to the party..."

Lisa had a soft smile. "Maybe you can come as my guest?"

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course, Meg," Lisa smiled. "Why wouldn't I?"

Meg smiled in response. They were good friends again.

Meg and Lisa went to find out where Sarah lived and came to her front door. This was going to be as hard for Meg than telling that she couldn't part of the lesbian alliance club in school. Meg knocked on the door after taking a deep breath and Sarah answered the door, wearing a pink dress.

"Hey, guys," Sarah greeted with a smile. "What're you doing here?"

"Sarah, Meg needs something to get off her chest, it's very important." Lisa told the blonde girl, going in with Meg.

"Yes... She's right, I need to open up." Meg added.

"Sweet!" Sarah felt like she hit a double jackpot when Meg and Lisa both wanted to come in her house and talk with her alone. She thought that Lisa meant a literal thing on Meg's chest though, so she stripped down to her underwear.

"So get ready, 'cuz here it is," Meg sighed as she was finally going to let this heavy weight off her shoulders. "My mom was right..."

Sarah blinked to them, putting her dress back on. Lisa blushed to see Sarah in her bra and underwear like that.

"What do you mean?" Sarah asked once she got back into her dress.

"I'm not gay." Meg explained.

"What? So, all those rounds of golf we played together, those were all lies?"

"I'm so sorry," Meg felt both bad and good to let this out in the open, but she was worried she was going to lose a friend because of the truth. "For the first time in my life, I felt like I belonged, and I wanted it to be true. So I prenteded to be something I'm not."

"You're going to choose to be heterosexual?" Sarah sounded angry.

"I thought being gay wasn't a choice?" Meg looked confused.

"Well, not for guys."

"It was wrong of me to mislead you."

Lisa patted Meg on the back. "You did the right thing, Meg."

Meg smiled at her, but stared at the floor. "I should go..."

"Well, what about you?" Sarah looked to Lisa. "Are you straight too?"

"Actually, I just recently came out as a bisexual," Lisa explained. "But I'm more attracted to girls than I am with boys."

"Really?" Sarah sounded interested and hopeful.

"Yeah," Lisa admitted, still smiling. "Umm... Sarah, if you're not seeing anybody.... Would you like to-"

"Yes." Sarah answered already.

"Go to the movies...?" Lisa finished her question with a chuckle.

"I'd love to, Lisa." Sarah smiled tenderly to Lisa.

"Oh, Sarah, that party you're having, can Meg still come as my guest?" Lisa then asked.

"Well... If she doesn't mind being surrounded by lesbians..." Sarah said, still a little hurt from Meg's confession.

"She won't, trust me." Lisa insisted.

Sarah then shrugged with a smile. "Okay, Meg can come to the party."

Lisa and Meg shared thrilled smiles together and a high-five.