chapter 50: Epilogue

About a year later, Bart and Meg were now awaiting the birth of their next child. They were told it was going to be a girl, exciting them both. Bart loved having a boy like Shane of course, but a girl would be good for Meg and he wondered if he would be like Homer when Lisa or Maggie were born. 

This was also kind of big, their daughter was going to be a year and three days younger than her big brother. It was a normal day, Bart and Meg were getting ready for the Fourth of July. Three-year-old Shane was playing downstairs and they had to get ready for the time of barbecues Meg smiled, but then felt a stabbing pain in her stomach and grabbed it, tears leaking out of her eyes. 

"B-Bart..." Meg whimpered. "It's time..."

Bart's eyes widened. He quickly called Lisa to come over and look after Shane for them. Luckily Lisa didn't live to far away from their new house and she stopped by to look after her favorite nephew while Bart and Meg quickly got into the car to get to the hospital. Meg was moaning and crying as she really wanted their child to be born, but she remembered to try her breathing, remembering about last time.

"Don't worry, babe," Bart soothed. "We're almost there. We're almost there...." he honked the horn angrily. "MOVE IT, DUFF NUT!"

"Oh, Bart, we'll never make it in time..." Meg frowned, looking very unhappy and worried as sweat dropped down her face.

"We will make it, I know we will... Just hang in there, babe. Just breathe..."

Meg nodded, then continued to breathe, she hoped their daughter would stay in there until the time it would be born. This was very nerve-wrecking, her heart was pounding and she felt like this was going to take forever. Finally, after ages, they pulled up to the hospital parking lot and Meg was placed into a wheelchair.

"We need a doctor, ASAP!" Bart cried to the front desk.

"Names?" the nurse asked.

"Bart and Megan Simpson," the woman in labor said urgently between wheezy breaths. "Please, we don't have much time!"

"Orderly, please take this woman to room 1028," the nurse told another worker as they came by to wheel Meg away as she breathed wheezily. "Do you have a name for the baby?"

"Abraham if it's a boy and Sydney if it's a girl," Bart said as he quickly went to aid his wife. "Oh, dear... Be careful!"

The nurse went to make a call for the doctor.

"Ugghhh, this feels like a horror movie!" Meg instantly got cranky due to the pain and hormones. "GET IT OUT! GET THE BABY OUT NOW!"

"We will soon, babe, promise!" Bart said to her as he went to get changed in hospital scrubs.

"I HATE YOU, BART!" Meg yelled out.

Bart didn't take it personally, he knew she didn't mean it. 

After Bart got into the scrubs to help Meg deliver the baby and Sarah came as the midwife, it was time to get ready. The doctor came and was ready to help Bart and Meg have this baby. Meg screamed and yelled out, squeezing the life out of Bart's hand every chance she got, she did it about four or five times. The final time, her screaming was followed by the wail of a healthy baby.

"It's a girl!" the doctor announced as he held a yellow-skinned baby with a tuft of brown hair, crying and wiggling in his hands.

"A girl..." Meg whispered softly.