Marriage is a prison

Daena walked into her mother's room to finding her arguing with Daemon.

"It will never happen." Daemon said.

"What will never happen?" Daena asked

Rhaenyra took a deep breath and handed the scroll to her daughter. Daena took the scroll and read it. She then felt a wave of disbelief.

"This is a joke right mother?"

"I'm afraid not…My father and the queen have apparently been discussing marrying you to Aemond Targaryen." She said shaking her head.

"The Queen hates our family I highly doubt she is happy about this arrangement." Daena said.

"She may not be, but my father is and he is the King, that gives him more for authority than her.

"No I rather set myself on fire than marry him." she said as she threw the scroll onto the floor. Rhaenyra approached her daughter and held her hands.

"I will not force you to marry but I do wish for you to entertain this, Although my father is not yet bed ridden it may be only a couple years until that happens. He wishes to see the family united instead of divided."

"Mother from the bottom of my heart I hate him. I dream of killing him, of setting him on a fire. I wish I was the one who took his eye that night instead of Luke."

Daemon let out a chuckle at the sound of Daena expressing her hatred Aemond.

"Like I said I will not force you to marry but let's come up with a plan at least." Rhaenyra said still holding Daena's hands. "How about you and I go to kings landing, you will have 3 days to make up your mind if you want to go through with this or not, and  if you say yes there will be a celebration held for you and Aemond which will mean your brother's and Damon would fly there as well to be with us until the celebration is over."

"And what about after I'm married mother. These people hate us, they don't want us anywhere near themselves. I will not stay in a place that I am hated." She pleaded.

"You do not have to live in king's landing you can choose to stay here on Dragonstone." Rhaenyra said placing a hand to her daughter's cheek.

Daena glanced at Daemon, she knew her grandfather probably  meant well but she could already see herself  stabbing Aemond in his sleep.  Her family had not gone back to kings landing since the night of the incident, and she was glad for it.

"And if I don't wish to go through this marriage you won't force me?" Daena asked her  mother and Rhaenyra gave her a reassuring nod.

"If you do not wish to marry him you will not. Aemond will simply have to find a new bride." Her mother said.

She sighed. "Fine we'll go to Kings Landing but I want Jace and Luke to come with us. We all go or none of us do."

Rhaenyra glanced at Daemon and he gave a nod.