Choose me

Daemon, Aemond, and Aeron all sat in an empty room, awaiting Daena.

"You snitched." Aeron said to his father.

"You were going to anyway." He answered.

"Yeah, after I was finished now, we're all in trouble."

"You need to stop with that, WE. Ain't no WE. It's only you two." Daemon added.

"Last time I checked, there are three of us here, and you're here, so yes, WE." Aeron said, frustrated.

Just then, Daena entered the room and shut the door.

"You're going to release Jaehaerys." She told them.

"Agreed. We done?" Aemond said, getting up.

"No." Aeron said firmly.

"Excuse me?" Daena said, raising her eyebrow.

Aemond and Daemon both moved away Daena and Aeron.

Aeron stood up with his hands behind his back. "I can't do that, Mother."

"I wasn't asking." She said, crossing her arms.

"Mother. He laid his hands on her. He would've done it to Elaena. I will not let that happen."

"Aeron, you are talking about killing someone."

"To be fair, he deserves it." Daemon chimed it.

"Stay out of this." Daena growled at Daemon.

"Well." Daemon said, placing a hand on his chest acting offended.

"I won't kill him. But I can't let him go yet." Aeron said, placing his hands to his side.

"You expect me to cover for you? Helaena is worried about him and she is my friend."

"One day. That's all I'm asking."

Daena sighed. She didn't want to lie to Helaena, but she couldn't rat out Aeron.

"What happens after? Jaehaera would still have to marry him." She told him.

"Not if I marry her first. Just give me until tomorrow."

She took a deep breath and hesitantly gave him a nod. It was tearing her apart choosing between Helaena and Aeron. Aemond tried to hold her, but she pushed him away and walked out.

"We'll my work here is done." Daemon said as he walked out.

Elaena peaked into the room to make sure her mother wasn't there and then entered.

"Is it done? She asked.

"Don't worry about it." Aeron told her, then walked out.

Aemond hugged his daughter.

"How are you with all this?" Aemond asked her.

"I don't know. Are we crossing a line?"

He placed a kiss on her forehead. "I don't want you thinking about it."

Daena walked back into the room. "What's going on?" She asked.

Just then, Elaena pulled away from her father and stuck her head out of the window to throw up. Aemond held her hair back and rubbed her back.

"Should we call the maester?" Aemond asked, but Elaena shook her head.

She wiped her mouth and placed a hand on her stomach. Daena's eyes widened as she put two and two together.

"Elaena, are you with child?" She asked.

Elaena glanced at both of her parents nervously and then looked down. "Yes." She whispered.