No turning back now

Tomorrow was the day Daena had to make her decision on whether she wanted to marry Aemond or not. She sat there in her room thinking of if she could go through with it, marriage had never been a goal for her. She saw what marriage was like with her parents and she saw what it was like for her mother and Daemon and then of course there was everyone else who were complete disasters.Why would she condemn herself to that same fate?

Rhaenyra entered her daughter's chambers finding her in deep thought

"Thinking about your future husband?" Rhaenyra teased.

"I'm thinking about my future in general, about how my life is doomed either way." She answered looking down at her fingers.

"And what do you mean by that?" She asked standing infront of her.

"If I marry Aemond I will be in a loveless marriage, we have no great bond or true love between us. There is no happy ending to my story."

"I think the both of you share is good enough, You just don't see it."

Daena scoffed. "I hate him you know this."

"See you say that but you can't get enough of it. I for one do not like him but I'd be lying if I said I did not see something between the two of you... Yes you fight constantly and you fight about everything But do you actually hate it or maybe you like it secretly." Rhaenyra said holding her daughter's hand.

Daena didn't know what to say. Was her mother right? Did she like him? No not possible.

"You don't have to, your father and I had a friendship before anything else."

"Aemond and I don't have a friendship we have a rivalry." She replied.

"Mabye that might turn into something else."

"He said something to me I can't seem to forget or push out of my mind." Daena whispered."He said why did he have to apologize to me when no one ever apologized to him... I guess he made a good point. All those years ago when he lost his eye I was angry at him for calling me a bastard calling Luke a bastard calling all of us bastards.....I suppose we all owe each other an apology." She whispered and lowered her head again.

"The situation is unfortunate do you really think your brother should have lost an eye for it?" Rhaenyra asked confused.

"No but Aemond shouldn't have lost his eye either. "

"You say you hate him yet here you are trying to make things right with him, to me that shows promise." Rhaenyra said tucking Daena's hair behind her ear.

"I'm just seeing it differently now, I'm still the same me."

After her conversation with he mother, Daena spent the whole day getting the courage to go Aemomd's room and apologize. That's something she thought she'd never do but probably should have a long time ago. Daena bit her lip as knocked on his door waiting for him to answer. She was about to turn back when Aemond answered the door shirtless.

"What?" He asked clearly annoyed. Daena starred at his chest not paying attention to what he was saying when he snapped his fingers infront of her face.

"May I come in?" She asked amd cleared her throat. He moved aside letting her in then closed his door, he would not have done this is he knew his mother had spies on him and Daena. Aemond stood incredibly close to her almost pushing her against the wall.

"What do you want?"

Daena cleared her throat once more before speaking. "I thought about what you said... about how no one apologized to you.......we should've."

"Is that all?" He said coldly. Deep down it was all he ever wanted to hear, it pleased him but she didn't need to know that.

Daena laughed and then her face turned red. "Is that all? What is this Aemond? This game you play with me, one minute you hate me then you're kissing me and then ignoring me. I don't get it!"

"Keep your voice down." He growled.

"I will not! You think this is how I want my marriage to be? I am so sick of you!" She yelled. Aemond grabbed her neck pulling her close to him, their lips only inches away.

"You think I like this? I have never loved a woman and I don't plan to, yet you come into my life once again making me think these...things, you are a pain in my ass Daena." He said angrily.

Daena tried pushing him away when he pushed her against the wall still not letting go of her neck. "You vex me, you irritate me, you anger me but here I am wanting more, so you tell me niece what game are you playing with me?" He whispered angrily only looking into her eyes, her eyes were hypnotizing. Daena tried but speak but couldn't, Aemond released her causing her to fall to her hands and knees.

"Pathetic." Aemond said.

Daena touched her neck looking up at him then tackled him, Aemond quickly got a hold of her hands and pinned her to the floor. Daena and Aemond starred into each other's eyes, they were both breathless filled with adrenaline. Daena lifted her head kissing Aemond and he kissed her back roughly but passionate. He rose to his feet picking her up still kissing her. Daena wrapped her legs around him, she knew this was wrong but she couldn't help it. He pushed her against the wall and kissed her neck and almost ripping at her dress.

"I can'tstand you." Aemond whispered.

"I hate you." Daena whispered back as Aemond moved towards the bed with her, dropping her on it. He climbed on top of her kissing her roughly and cupping her breast.
He wasn't thinking straight, he felt hungry for her, he wanted her to scream his name, beg for him but they weren't married, and she was nothing for a bastard. Aemond pulled away stepping away from her.

"You should go." He mumbled.

Daena sat up in disbelief, he didn't want her? Did she do something wrong?

"Why?" She asked confused.

"Because I don't want you here." He said putting on his shirt.

"Bullshit." She said angrily. "Atleast tell me the truth."

"The truth is that it is best we keep our feelings out of this."

"Out of our marriage? Are you hearing yourself?" She said grabbing his arm.

"If you do not leave now I am going to something unspeakable to you understand?" He growled at her amd turned his back to her.

"I dont care!"

"Go... Now." He couldn't look at her, if he did he was going to ruin her. Despite everything he cared for her, she was his only friend as children but they're grown now and things were different, she still vexed him so why did he feel this way for her.

Daena starred at Aemond in disbelief, this was so complicated, how is it possible to hate someone so much but want them so badly.

"Rot in the seven hells Aemond." She said as she stormed out of his bedroom not realizing Larys Strongs watchful eyes.