Sacrifices

After Aemond's shower, he had kept his word but was now asleep. Daena grinned at her sleeping husband and got up to put her clothes on. Once she was dressed, she headed towards the Stone Drum and found Daemon already there.

"Worried?" She asked him.

Daemon lifted his head to meet her gaze. "Never."

"Improving my attack tactics then?"

"Yes, in fact, I meant to have a word with you earlier." Daemon said, approaching her.

"What about?" She asked.

"We have enough dragons to surround King's landing but not enough with the Velaryon fleet." He pointed out.

"Jace will be on Vermax. That should be enough."

"It is not. We need at least two with the fleet."

Daena sighed and rubbed her temples. She could feel Daemon's eyes on her, which meant he had a solution.

"What do you propose we do?"

"Put Aeron on Blackfyre."

Daena's eyes widened. She was at a loss for words. "You want me to put my child who is just five years old on his baby dragon during a war?"  She said angrily.

"With both Vermax and Blackfyre, it will be like they are one adult."

"No, I am not going to do that. For fucks sake Daemon he is only a child." She said slamming her hands onto the table.

"In war, it does not matter if you are a child or an old man. You get up, and you fight." He said her to look at him.

"I will not sacrifice another child for this war. Daemon! She yelled. How could he even ask her to do so? Aeron was not ready for war.

"You won't have to because he will be on his dragon."

"All it takes is on fucking arrow to hit him and that's it. He's gone. My answer is no." She said and pulled away.

"Why not have him make the decision on his own."

"Fuck off Daemon." Daena said and left the room angrily.

She walked back to her room, but before she entered Aeron, she ran up to her.

"Mother I-"

"Not now Aeron go to your room. I'll be there in a second." She said, rushing into her room but did not close the door all way.

Aemond woke up and rubbed his eyes. He had barely gotten a full hour of rest.

"What is it?" Aemond asked.

"Daemon wishes for me to put Aeron on Blackfyre for the attack on King's landing. " She said angrily.

"That's idiotic. Aeron is a child and inexperienced in dragon riding." Aemond agreed and got up putting on his trousers.

"No, I'm not. I can do it." Aeron said, barging in.

"I told you to go to your room." Daena said, annoyed.

"I'm not a child. I want to fight. I want to help." He pleaded.

"No, Aeron. Now go to your room." Daena ordered. She was sick of the men in her life never listening to her she didn't need Aeron involved in this mess.

"No, I want to fight!" He yelled.

"Aeron, stop." Aemond warned.

"No, I'm not a child. I want to fight. Please let me fight!"

"No! You are a child, and I said no!" Daena yelled. She had never yelled at him before, not like this.

"You can't stop me from fighting for us!" Aeron yelled back.

"Yes, I can. I am your mother! And my answer is no! You think because you killed a man, you are ready, but you're not! You are a child with no knowledge of war! I will not sacrifice another child!" Daena shouted.

"I want to do it!"

"Aeron, you are stressing me out. I got to your room!" Daena shouted and placed her hands on her head and gripped her hair out of frustration.

"OK enough." Aemond said.

"If I'm stressing  you out, then you should've left me in King's landing.

"Ugh enough Aeron I said no can you just fucking listen for once in your god-damned life!" Daena said out of anger.

There was silence. "I hate u." Aeron said before walking out.

Aemond was about to grab his son but he took one look at Daena's face and rushed to her side. Daena felt her heart had just shattered into tiny pieces. Aeron's words cut deeper than a knife. Aemond wiped Daena's tears and kissed her on her forehead.

"I will fix this."

Daena stood there to stunned to say anything as Aemond walked out.

Aemond walked to Aeron's room and kicked open the door. Elaena, Viserys II and Aegon III were in the room with him.

"Out now." He growled and sent silver head boys running out the door.

Aeron stood with his hands at his side as his father approached him.

"Listen to me. You may think you are grown but you are not. You think you know all but you do not. Do not ever speak to your mother like that again.” Aemond warned. "Do I make myself clear?”

Aeron felt horrible for fighting with his mother after all she was the one who always stood by his side no matter what he did.

"Yes."

"I said do you understand?" Aemond growled.

"Yes sir." Aeron said with tears in his eyes.

Aemond got on his knee and pulled Aeron to him. "I am your father and she is your mother. You will always speak to your mother with the respect she deserves and I will tolerate no less.”

Aeron nodded.

"No nodding."

"Yes sir."

Aemond wiped his son's tears. "Go apologize now."

Aeron left the room and went to his mother's room, her door was still open and she was sitting on the bed with her face in her hands.

" Mother."

Daena looked up and wiped her tears. Aeron ran to her hugging her tightly and sobbed. "I'm sorry I'm so sorry I don't hate you. Please don't hate me." He cried.

Daena wrapped her arms around her son. He was not perfect but he was hers. A creation of her and Aemond, and she could never hate him.

"I can never hate you Aeron I love you so much."

Aemond and Elaena walked in. Elaena joined in on the hug with her mother and brother as Aemond stood in the doorway watching with a smile on his face.

*Hope you guys enjoyed. Be sure to always look out for new chapters for this story and check out my new story SECRET AFFAIRS AEMOND TARGARYEN*