The Black Wedding

Today was the big day, Aemond and Daena would be husband and wife after today. Rhaenyra was brushing her daughter's hair when she noticed Daena had been to quiet.

"What is troubling you? Nerves?" Rhaenyra asked still styling Daena's hair.

"No it's just.." Daena couldn't finish her sentence without tears. Rhaenyra pulled her daughter into a hug, she hated when her children cried, she never wanted them to feel any sort of sadness but she knew the world they lived in and pain was all around them.

"Shhh it's alright.. Are you having second thoughts my sweet?" She asked her daughter soothingly.

"No..... It's father.. its days like this I miss him.. first it was Harwin and then father.. it all happened so quickly I didn't get to say goodbye to either of them I just pretened like i was over the loss but I'm not," Daena said sobbing.

Rhaenyra wiped her daughter's tears. "Don't cry my love I know they would want you to be happy on this day.... You have made them proud, you've made me proud and they would have loved the woman you have become." Rhaenyra said with tears forming in her eyes.

"Mother if you cry I will cry again." Daena joked with a sad smile.

Rhaenyra's face soon lit up, she knew exactly what to do. She called the handmaidens to help Daena finished prepare and headed to the door.

"Mother where are you going?" Daena asked confused.

"Don't worry my love I will come back when you are done." Rhaenyra assured her and rushed out. Daena sighed and was helped as she got ready, her mind was troubled with a million questions. Did Aemond love her? Where did her mother go? Is she making a big mistake? Was Luke still mad at her?

Within an hour she was dressed and ready, her corset was so tight she felt she was going to faint.

"You look beautiful princess." One of the handmaiden said.

Daena smiled at her and thanked them but her mind drifted back to Laenor and Harwin Strong, evennDaemon had treated her like his own she still missed them. There was a knock on the door and Rhaenyra entered closing the door behind her quickly. She smiled at Daena and held her hands.

"You are breath taking." Rhaenyra said with tears again.

"No mother no crying." Daena warned.

"Right right."

"Thank you mother... for everything."

Rhaenyra hugged her daughter, neither of them wanted to let go, Daena wished she could freeze this moment. Her mother then pulled away and cupped her face. "I have a surprise for you." She said. Daena lifted a brow in confusion as her mother walked to the door revealing her brothers, Daemon and her grandfather.

Joffery ran to his sister hugging her legs.

"You look funny." He said smiling up at her. Daena chuckled as a tear escaped from her eyes, they were all here for her, she had felt so alone today but seeing her family lifted all her burdens.

Lord Corlys approached his granddaughter and kissed her cheek. "Your father would be proud." Daena gave him a nod with more tears escaping from her eyes. Corlys stepped aside for Daemon and he rested his foreheads on Daena's, he didn't have to say anything to Daena she knew how much he loved her. When Daemon stepped aside her brothers stood infront of her.

"Still angry with me?" She asked Luke. He gave her a smile and hugged her tightly.

"I want you to be happy." He whispered as she wrapped her arms around him, she was happy he was no longer upset at her. Daena fought back tears when Rhaenyra whispered it was time to go.

Enemies To Lovers/Aemond Targaryen On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara