Siblings

"Whooooo." Aeron cheered as he rode his dragon. It had been so long, and Blackfyre had grown. He jumped off his dragon and was met with his parents.

"Oh no, what did I do this time?" He joked.

"Come with us." Daena said and began to walk to the empty room. Elaena followed behind them secretly and listened at the door.

Aeron sat down in the chair and placed his hands on his lap. Daena and Aemond glanced at each other nervously.

"We need to ask you something." Said Aemond.

"Alright." He said calmly.

"Did you kill your Alicent?" Daena blurted out.

Aeron's eyes widened. He glanced at his mother and father. He wasn't ashamed that he killed her, but he also did not want to hurt his parents.

"We can not protect you if you don't tell us." Said Aemond.

"Yes. I killed her."

Daena closed her eyes and shook her head. Deep down, she was hoping it wasn't true. Truth is, she wanted Alicent dead many years ago, but the only thing that held her back was her love for Aemond.

"Damn it, Aeron. Why?"

"She was not a good woman. Mabye a long time ago she was but power and wealth consumed her." Aeron explained. "You do not need to protect me. I will protect this family."

Daena sighed as Aeron got up.

"All I ask is for you to forgive me for any pain and worry I've caused you."

Daena and Aemond glanced at each other and then placed their foreheads on his. No matter what, he was their child, and mistakes will be made.

"We forgive you, but killing is unacceptable off the battlefield understand?" Daena told him.

"Yes, mother."

Just then, Elaena entered the room angrily. "Are you kidding me? How can you forgive him he killed someone."

"We all have

"We all have." Aemond said.

Elaena scoffed. "This is sick. He killed her in cold blood."

"Sister -"

"I'm not your sister. You stopped being my brother when you left." Elaena said angrily.

"Elaena." Daena said, stunned by her daughter's words.

"No mother its fine." Aeron said, approaching his sister. "Not your brother? If I remember correctly, you left for Kings Landing and didn't look back. I wrote to you every week, but I received nothing. Not one word. So tell me, sister. Who abandoned who?"

A tear streamed down Elaena's face

A tear streamed down Elaena's face. "It doesn't change the fact about what you did."

"Is that the only reason you're mad at me right now? Or maybe there's something else."

"What else, Aeron!" She shouted.

"Dragonstone. I'm sure you must have been so happy when I left. With me gone, the crown passes to you. Queen Elaena Targaryen."

All eyes were on Elaena, she couldn't speak. Her lips were moving, but no words came out.

"OK enough, both of you." Daena said, placing her hand on Aeron's chest to move him away from Elaena.

"No. I'm not done. You always loved everyone else more than me, Elaena. Why? tell me that, at least." He said with hurt in his voice.

"Because you scare me! You scare me, Aeron." She admitted with tears falling down her face.

Aeron scoffed and nodded his head. "Everything I did was to protect you. To stand up for you. Who stood up for you every time Jaehaerys would tease you or hurt you, hm? Who picked you up when you fell? Because it was me and only me. Not Maelor. Me." 

Elaena dropped her head in shame.

Aeron shook his head. "You want Dragonstone. You can have it. I never wanted it. I would have never taken it. I give up. I wish I was the monster you think I am." He said and began to walk out.

"Aeron, wait." Daena said.

He stopped at the door and looked back at Elaena. "I would have done anything to see you happy, but you would never do the same for me." He told her, then opened the door to find Rhaegar ears dropping.

Aeron walked past Rhaegar without another word. Rhaegar glanced at his sister. He did not know her well either. The few times he met her, she only seemed to care about Maelor. Before she could say anything, he walked away to find his older brother. Daena and Aemond were silent.

 Daena and Aemond were silent

"Mother I - "

Daena shook her head. Her eyes were filled with tears as she touched Elaena's hand and walked out. Aemond hugged his daughter as she cried into his chest.

Rhaegar finally caught up with his older brother and hugged him. Aeron sighed and patted his head.

"I love you. Don't leave again. Please." Rhaegar pleaded.

Aeron wrapped his arms around his brother. At least one of his siblings loved him.

"I'm not leaving." He assured Rhaegar.

Jaehaera approached them with a sweet smile. She touched Rhaegar's shoulder gently. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but can I speak to Aeron alone?"

"Yeah." He sniffed and walked away.

Aeron leaned against the wall, then sank to the floor. Jaehaera sat next to him.

"Are you alright?" She asked him.

"Fantastic." He answered.

Jaehaera rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm here if you need to talk."

Aeron sighed. "No matter what I do, I will never be good enough."

Jaehaera held his hand and kissed his shoulder. "You are."

Aeron scoffed. "I killed your grandmother."

"Good, she was a horrible woman. She gave me a blade and told me to cut the throats of all Rhaenyra's children in their sleep."

Aeron smiled slightly. "So you're not afraid of me?"

"No. You'd never hurt me." She said, lifting her head from his shoulder.

"How do you know that?" He asked.

Jaehaera looked into his eyes. "Because I know your heart is in the right place."

Aeron creased his eyebrows. She accepted him and his flaws. He placed his hand on her cheek and pulled her into a kiss. He didn't know if he loved her, but he knew that he wanted to be with her and only her.