Loyalty

"Everyone leave." Daena commanded.

Everyone but Helaena left, Daena had became like a sister to her she did not want this to be a strain on their friendship.

"Come see me later?" She asked.

Daena nodded her head giving her friend a smile as she left.

"Princess the Prince may have a fever he should be bathed and put to bed." The maester told her before leaving.

Aemond approached Daena and pulled her towards him. "Today I almost lost my son and wife how am I supposed to protect this family if no one listens?" He said angrily.

"Our son was in danger." She argued. Aeron watched as his parents argued its like they had completely forgotten he was there.

"Daena you and our children have became my life if you leave this world I will ran mad I would die to protect you don't you see that?" Aemond was holding onto her tightly, a part of him still resented her for the part she played in the loss of his eye but he loved her. "You made me fall in love with you so don't you dare leave me in this world without you." He whispered angrily.

Daena looked up at her husband she had never seen him this fearful since the birth of Elaena.

"I should speak to my mother." Aemond said and left without another word.

He needed to speak to his mother urgently. He was about to enter when he heard her conversation.

"We should have never let them marry." Alicent said.

"Your husband the king was set on this marriage there was nothing to be done." Otto answered.

"That child is a heathen although it's not surprising when she is his mother."

"What would you like us to do your grace?" Lord Larys asked.

"You will do nothing." Aemond said walking into the room and approaching his mother.

"Aemond this is a private discussion." Alicent said to her son, mother's aren't supposed to have favorites but Aemond was the apple of her eye, her favorite son but shed never say it out loud.

Aemond held his mother's arm gently. "Do not speak of my wife and child again mother." He said calmly before looking at his grandfather and Larys. "That goes for you all aswell."

Aemond walked out of the room and left them in silence, he had no love for Daena's brothers but he loved her, he'd always defend her but only her.

Daena on the other hand spent the rest of her day taking care of Aeron.

She wrapped a bandage cloth around his injured arm and helped him put on his shirt.

"What's wrong my love?" She asked him

Aeron had never felt bad about hurting people's feelings but he could not get Jaehaera's words out of his head.