Return

Daena stood over the painted the painted table with her mother and Daemon discussing strategy.

"If we burn kings landing millions will die." Daena stated.

"They have left us with no other choice." Daemon said.

Daena sighed and stared at the King's landing map carved into the table and thought of a plan. "What if we didn't attack at all."

"What?" Rhaenyra asked confused.

Daena laughed. "We have more dragons.... why not show up with all of them. Give the Greens a chance to surrender without killing innocents."

"They will never surrender if anything this will make them run." Said Rhaenyra.

"Not if we send in some of our men to infiltrate the castle. The Greens may not surrender willingly but their allies will betray them the minute they see the dragons." Daena explained.

Rhaenyra glanced at Daemon then back at her daughter. "That is smart but how do you plan on punishing them?"

"Burn Old Town with the rest of the Hightowers but Alicent, Otto and Aegon will be dealt with by the hands of each of us."

Daena was stressed she was worried about Aemond and Aeron, it had been two days since her husband had left and she couldn't help but feel anxious.

"Once Aeron is safely back on Dragonstone we will prepare." Rhaenyra said.

"The Velaryon fleet will come in through black water bay." Daena said before walking out. She wanted her son back at her side, she blamed herself for his kidnapping.

Meanwhile, on the shores of Dragonstone Aemond, Cregan and Aeron got off the boat quickly, Aeron threw up as soon as he hit the shores.

Aemond wiped his son's mouth and stooped down. "Get on my back."

Aeron climbed onto Aemond's back and wrapped his arms around his father. It was a long walk back to the castle and Aemond had never missed being on his dragon more right now.

"We should do this again sometime." Cregan said to Aemond.

He rolled his eyes and kept walking up to the castle.

"Your hair smells like flowers." Aeron whispered to his father.

Aemond chuckled. "How's your eye?"

"Doesn't hurt only if you touch."

"Your mother won't be happy about it." Aemond said.

"She doesn't have to worry about me." Aeron replied.

"You're a child she's your mother and I'm your father we will always worry."

"But I killed Criston Cole."

Aemond and Cregan stopped. "You did what?" Aemond asked stunned.

"How did a small boy like you manage that?" Cregan asked.

"I did it while he was asleep."

Aemond listened as aeron explained what happened, and he placed his son on his feet.

"Why did you do that?" Aemond asked.

"You were the one who told me to stand up for myself because I can't count on anyone else to do it for me."

Aemond covered his son's mouth. "I meant to Jaehaerys, not a grown man but how about we do not tell your mother I told you that last part hm?"

"Scared of mama?" Aeron said smirking.

"No I am not." Aemond responded and began to walk again.

"He's scared." Aeron said to Cregan.

They finally reached the entrance to the castle and Aemond gave the guards a nod.

"It is good to have you back young prince." One said to Aeron.

Aeron ran inside, he wanted to see his mother, he looked in every room and finally found her in his.

"Mother."

Daena turned around and sank to her knees opening her arms, Aeron ran into his mothers arms and hugged her tightly.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" She asked and took in his sent. She was filled with emotions as the tears swelled in her eyes.

Aemond walked in and Daena smiled up at him. Aeron then pulled away from his mother but the smile quickly faded from her face.

"What the hell happened to your face!" Daena asked angrily.

"I'm okay." Aeron said giving her a sweet smile.

Daena sighed and lifted his shirt. "Let's get you out of these smelly clothes." She pulled his shirt off but her facial expression quickly changed.

"Aeron there's a bruise on your stomach." Daena said looking at the black and blue bruise on her son.

Aemond got closer and noticed another one on his back. "There's one on his back to." Said Aemond. "I thought Cole only punched you."

"Criston Cole did this?"

Aeron pulled away from both of his parents, the bruises must be from when Jaehaerys kicked him but he wasn't about to tell his crazy parents that.

"I fell." He lied.

"You fell?" Daena asked raising her eyebrow.

"Tell us the truth." Aemond said firmly.

"I fell."

Daena and Aemond looked at eachother then back at their son. "Alright then." She didn't want to pressure him right now he was going to tell her later, she'd make sure of that.

"Would you like me to give you a bath." Daena asked her son and placed a hand on his cheek.

"No I can do it." He answered and kissed his parents cheeks before leaving.

"What happened to him?" Daena asked Aemond.

Aemond contemplated on telling her that her sweet little boy killed a man but he knew she'd still find out so he explained to her what happened.

Daena sat on Aeron's bed and rubbed her temples. "So our son killed a man I'm not sure if I should be proud or worried."

Aemond sat next to her and lifted her chin to his lips and kissed her.

"I missed you little bird." Aemond whispered.

Daena smiled and bit her bottom lip.

"Take a bath and meet me back in our room." She said getting up.

Aemond grabbed her hand pulling her back down into his lap. "Don't like your filthy husband?"

"I like him and his hair clean." Daena joked.

Aemond buried his face in her neck and whispered into her ear. "I want you in our bed naked when I get back."

Aemond pushed her off his lap then got up but leaned over her and placed on hand on her stomach. "I'm going to give you five more children little bird." He said and bit her bottom lip softly before pulling away and walking out.

*Thank you to all those who commented on how they would like this story to end. It was a tie but I came up with a great story line to give you all what you want, this will include more chapters even after the war. Wink wink. This is not the end of their story.*