War and Betrayal

The Blacks spent nearly a week preparing for the attack on kings landing. They had sent 50 men into the capital to replace the gold cloaks loyal to the Greens and received word of their success. Of course, this had to be done without the Greens knowing, so they still had no idea of the attack. The Velaryon fleet was already on their way to kings landing.

Daena fixed her armor and then helped Aemond with his.

"You look good in amor." Aemond said to her.

"And so do you husband." She chuckled.

"You would look better with it off." Aemomd whispered into her ear. "I will look forward to taking it off you tonight. "

Daena bit her lip. "I'm sure you will."

Just as they were about to kiss, Aeron entered.

"Aeron knock." They both said.

"Sorry." He apologized.

"What's wrong? Are you worried?" Daena asked.

Aeron took a deep breath and stood tall. "I heard you talking to about the battle. You said that their army would yield before any fighting." He said.

"Where are you going with this?" Aemond asked.

"Let me come with you. If not on my own dragon,  then on one of yours."

Daena sighed. "Aeron, it is still dangerous."

"I know, but I want to. I promise I won't get in the way. I will listen." He pleaded.

"This is war, Aeron, not a game." She said to her son.

"I will take him on Vhagar." Aemond spoke up.

"What?" She asked angrily.

"He is right. With our strategy, the army will yield, and there is no protection for them in the castle. If we are right, then it may be perfectly safe for him on dragon back with one of us." Aemond said, standing beside his son with a hand on his shoulder.

Daena sighed heavily and stared at her husband and son. "Fine, but this means you stay clear of blackwater bay."

Aeron grinned and hugged his parents.
"Go to Jace. I'm sure he has small armor to fit you." Aemond teased.

Once Aeron left, Daena grabbed onto Aemond's groin and squeezed it tightly. "If anything happens to our son, I swear to God I will kill you myself."

Aemond gritted his teeth through the pain and nodded. She then released him and placed a kiss on his forehead before walking out.

Soon, everyone came to the outside and mounted their dragons. Rhaenyra on Syrax, Daemon on Caraxes, Jace on Vermax, Rhaenys on Meleys, Baela on Moondancer, Daena on Dryrax Aemond and Aeron on Vhagar. The Greens did not stand a chance.

"Let us take what is ours with fire and blood!" Rhaenyra announced and took off into the sky with Syrax.

Daena looked back at her daughter and younger brother's. Elaena gave her mother a small smile and waved goodbye. Daena smiled and took off on her dragon with everyone else. Once she was in the air, she thought of nothing but revenge. Alicent had spent years making sure she was undermined and reminded her constantly of her parentage. As for Otto Hightower, she wanted revenge on him for the threats on her children and to avenge the life of the orphan boy he hanged in the red keep. She also wanted revenge on Aegon she had never forgotten the day he attacked her. She wanted to burn them all.

Soon King's landing was in sight, Baela and Rhaenys flew to the east, and west. Jace flew above the Velaryon fleet, and Daemon flew about the army on his dragon. Daena and Aemond stayed at Rhaenyra's side.