Do you love me?

Daena and Aemond sat  in the council room alone awaiting their parents. Aemond kept glancing at Daena from time to time, he didn't know if he loved her but he knew this was his duty to marry and even if she is a bastard it was a smart strategy promising them.

 Aemond kept glancing at Daena from time to time, he didn't know if he loved her but he knew this was his duty to marry and even if she is a bastard it was a smart strategy promising them

"Have you made your decision?" He asked breaking the awkward tension.

Daena scoffed. "About how I should murder you if we were ever to be married?" She asked sarcastically.

"If you were my wife I'd poison your wine." He replied with a smirk.

"If I were your wife I'd drink it." She said coldly.

"Fair enough Little bird." Aemond said standing up.

"You haven't called me little bird since we have kids.. Why now?" Daena replied as she stood up and faced him.

"Because I can."

There was silence between the two rivals before Daena spoke up again.

"Do you love me Aemond?"

"I will do my duty, protect you and our future children." He said not looking at her once.

"Will you ever love me?"

"Why is love so important to you all of a sudden I thought you didn't believe in it." Aemond replied glancing down at her.

"Because I do not want to spend the rest of my life in misery. So tell me, will there truly be no love between us in our marriage?" Daena asked stepping closer to him listening to his soft breaths.

" Love is complicated I rather our marriage not to be, wouldn't you agree?"

"Yes but where is the enjoyment in that? Do you really wish for that to be your life just duty? Will you see our children as duty as well?" She asked in disbelief, all she wanted him to say was he would love her.

" I do not have all the answers to your questions but as your husband I would protect you and our future children that is all, so do not fall inlove with me little bird I'll only hurt you." He warned her.

Daena felt the tears forming but refused to let them fall, mabye this was it, this is what was best for everyone's feelings. The two broke apart as Alicent, king Viserys, Rhaenyra and Daemon entered.

"Ah my beautiful grand daughter and son." King Viserys said taking her into a hug.

"Grandfather." She replied plastering a smile on her face.

"Have you made your decision Princess?" Alicent asked  Impatiently.

Daena glanced at Aemond for shimmer of hope and love in her future but he wouldn't look at her. She knew Aemond was a man of his word, he would protect her, she did not need protection but she knew he would, Daena knew what she had to do.

"I have." she said and paused taking a deep breath." I have decided that I will wed Prince Aemond in the tradition of house Targaryen."

King Viserys praised his family for this union and started to speak of the celebrations to be held. Rhaenyra was speaking to Daena but she wasn't listening she drowned out the voices around her. It was official she is going to marry Aemond.