Heat

As the wake was coming to an end, Daena's handmaiden approached her. "The tea you requested is ready your grace." She whispered.

Daena sighed. "Bring it to my chambers." She had not told Aemond that she did not want any more children. Even though she loved the ones she had with all her heart, the pain and recovery of child birth was more than she could bear.

Aeron made his way to Jaehaera's chambers and knocked on her door. As soon as she opened it, he entered.

"You shouldn't be in here." She whispered and closed her door.

"There are a lot of things I shouldn't do that I do." He said, standing with his hands behind his back. Aeron never had an interest in falling in love. He loved no one but his family. But Jaehaera was different. She had a pure and kind sense to her, and he wanted that.

"You broke Jaehaerys's nose." She said calmly.

"You and I both know you wanted to do it as much as I did." He joked. "Plus, it suits him, don't you think?"

Jaehaera lowered her head and smiled. He was so kind to her but seemed to be different around anyone else. It was like he had different personalities to him.

"What can I help you with, my prince?" She asked sweetly.

Aeron stood in front of her and placed a hand on her cheek, smoothing his thumb over her bottom lip. "Lots of things."

"What do you want?" She whispered, staring into his eyes.

"I told you what I wanted." He said with his lips only inches away. Their lips were touching, but he could not bring himself to kiss her or defile her. He could feel the tension between them. Aeron was certainly no virgin, so couldn't he bring himself to do it.

"Kiss me." She whispered and tried to kiss him. Aeron pulled his head back and placed his thumb back on her lip.

"Sleep well, Jaehaera." He said and walked out of her room. As he walked lower down the hallway, he noticed his mother standing at the end.

"Oh, great." He mumbled.

As her son got closer her Daena folded her arms and began her sarcasm. "I come to tell mepy two younger sons goodnight only to find my older son going into the princesses bedroom. Now I wonder. What could he possibly be doing in there with her. All alone. At night."

"I did nothing."

"Aeron." She warned.

"I swear mother I didn't. Trust me, I tried, but I didn't."

"Do I even want to know what you mean by that?" She asked, horrified.

"Relax, mother, I did not hurt a hair on her head. I simply meant we just talked. That is all." He explained.

Daena sighed and held his hand. "Do you love her, Aeron?"

"What does love have to do with this?"

"Alot. If you love her Aeron, then I won't get in your way. But if you're doing this out of hate for Jaehaerys or because of her pretty face, then that is just cruel."

"I know." He mumbled.

"So what are you going to do?" She asked.

"I do not know."

Daena sighed and released her son's hands. "Well, you better figure it out soon because by the end of this week, she will be walking down that aisle."

Aeron kissed his mother's cheek. "Thank you for the reminder, Mother. Sleep well."

Daena rubbed her forehead and made her way back to her room. Aemond was leaned up against the window. He was shirtless, and his hair was loose. She wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed his back.

"Feeling better?" She asked him.

"Somewhat." He answered and turned around. He sat on the window sill, and he placed his hands on her hips. "I want to apologize for earlier."

She cupped his face and kissed him. "No need, my love." She whispered. "But there is something we should speak about."

"What is it, little bird?"

Daena hesitated. "I drank the moon tea."

Aemond raised his eyebrow. "Why?"

She sighed heavily. "I love our children, and if I do have anymore, then I will love them as well. But it's too painful. I want to spend the rest of my life enjoying it with you and the children we have. Please do not be upset. "

Aemond sighed, then laughed. "Little bird, I am happy with the five headaches we have now as well. I love them, I do, but I do want more time with you as we grow older." Daena smiled and kissed her husband. Marrying him was the best decision she had ever made.

"There is something else." She said, breaking the kiss.

"I'm listening."

"Elaena believes Aeron killed your mother." She mumbled.

Aemond's face went pale. "Why does she think that?"

"His timing of arrival. His hatred for her."

"And what do you think?" He asked her.

She placed her hands on Aemomd's shoulders. "I don't know if he did or did not. I didn't ask him. But hurt people hurt people. Aeron was hurt by her, but I could not say for sure if it was enough to drive him to murder."

Aemond sighed. "I do not mourn her death. I mourn the woman she used to be, but that woman died many years ago."

"So, do you believe it?"

"I don't know. Who am I to judge? I made mistakes as well." He said, looking to the side. Daena knew he was speaking about what happened with Lucerys. "Do you believe he killed her?" He asked.

Daena remembered his younger days. From the moment he drew his first breath, Daena fell in love with her son. Her first son. She remembered how sweet he was but also his temper.

"I think he has always had a protective streak. He always protected Elaena, which is what got him in the most trouble." She explained. "I truly do not know Aemond. What kind of mother would I be to think my son is a murderer?"

"Then let's ask him tomorrow."

Daena chuckled. "You think he will admit it?"

"I do."