Grief

Aeron shook his mother awaking her from her slumber. Daena groaned and rubbed her eyes while she sat up.

"Father is back." Aeron said. "I saw Vhagar from my window and then I saw grandmother and uncle Aegon leave their rooms." Daena was exhausted, she had been having a hard time sleeping lately so she wasn't exactly happy to be woken up.

"You should be in bed why were you awake?" She mumbled.

"I wanted to wait for him."

"Aeron I'm tired." She said dosing off back to sleep not paying attention to the raised voices.

"Wake up." Aeron shook her again.

Daena sat up and squinted her eyes at her son. "Aeron if you want to see your father go ahead I'm tired."

"Please." He begged.

She groaned and got up from the bed wrapping her robe over her dress. She took Aeron's hand and walked down the hallway. When she heard the raised voices she stopped in her tracks.

"Go back to your room Aeron." She ordered.

"Why?"

She kissed his forehead and ruffled his hair. "Just go."

Daena followed the voices to the council room and stood in the doorway.

"Aemond I have never been so disappointed in you." Alicent said angrily.

"They will demand blood for this." Otto said.

"Personally brother I am proud of you for finally getting even." Aegon joked.

Aemond said nothing his eye line was glued to the floor.

When Daena walked deeper into the room everyone was silent.

"What's going on?" She said approaching her husband.

Helaena stepped infront of her before she could reach Aemond and pulled her into a hug.

"What's going on Helaena?" Daena asked confused.

"Should I tell her?" Aegon asked with a smirk.

Alicent shushed her oldest son. Everyone was waiting for Aemond to say something but he was silent.

Daena pulled away from Helaena but held her hand. "Aemond? What's wrong?"

Aemond finally got the nerve to look her in the eye but the guilt was eating at him. "Your brother is dead." He mumbled.

Daena's eyes widened as her heart beat quickened.
"W-w-what... w-who?"

"Lucerys." Aegon answered.

"How?" Daena asked as she gripped onto Helaena's arm for support.

Aemond went silent again.

"How!" Daena shouted.

"Vhagar she- it was a mistake an accident- it never should have happened- I only wanted to scare him nothing else. I swear to you wife." Aemond said trying to touch her.

"You killed my brother." Daena whispered without blinking.

"Daena I'm sorry."

She released Helaena's hand and stood infront of him. Daena starred up at her husband, he was the father of her children, the man she loved more than the air she breathed, she felt her world crashing down and began to breathe heavily.

"You killed my brother!" She screamed with tears pouring down her face, pushing him and slamming her fist into his chest.

Aemond didn't touch her or try to stop her, he deserved it he should have gone to Dragonstone with her when she asked.