Breaking point

Later that night Aemond found Daena in their chambers starring out of the window, he touched her shoulder causing her to flinch and move away from his touch

Later that night Aemond found Daena in their chambers starring out of the window, he touched her shoulder causing her to flinch and move away from his touch. Aemond pulled his wife to her feet and held her but he was pushed away again.

"Daena I am sorry." He said apologizing again. "But I cannot do this. I cannot have you so distant from me. I cannot wake up everyday and not look into your eyes, your eyes are so beautiful."

Daena was in tears. "Don't do that. Don't you dare make this seem like I am the one who's wrong here. You killed my brother and now our child is dead. So Spare me your apologies husband I do not want them." She said angrily.

Aemond took a step towards her but she stepped away. "I love you and I love our children. I'd burn this world to keep you warm that's how deep my love runs for you."

She hated that after everything she still loved him but the pain was to great right now. "I wish I never laid eyes on you, and I wish I could simply just fall out of love with you it would atleast make this pain much more bearable but I can't and it kills me."

Daena's words cut deeper than steel but atleast there was still a chance of redemption. "I chose to help my family instead of you and that is my biggest regret but I choose you little bird, I will always choose you."

"Stop just stop." She whispered sitting on the floor.
"Please just go."

"I will make this right I promise little bird Aemond said before leaving.

Daena sat on the floor for a while deep in thought then there was knock at her door, she got up to open the door assuming it was Aemond but it wasn't

Daena sat on the floor for a while deep in thought then there was knock at her door, she got up to open the door assuming it was Aemond but it wasn't. It was Otto Hightower.

"Princess." He greeted her.

"What do you want?" She asked plainly.

"There is something I wish to discuss with you...take a walk with me." He said.

Daena hesitated but then stepped out of the room walking with him in the direction of the red keep.

"Skip the formalities I don't like you and you don't like me so get to the point." She said to him.