Son of Fire

Aeron felt relief in the arms of his mother.

"Are you okay?" His mother asked checking the back of his head.

"I'm okay."

"Can I have a minute alone with him?" Daena asked Aemond, he nodded his head and left the two alone.

"Do you still have letter Aeron?" She asked.

Aeron had tucked it into the sleeve of his shirt he was about to pull it out when his mother stopped him.

"Listen to me Aeron I need you to do something for me." She told him and looked around the empty room to make sure there were no ears listening in.

"What is it?"

"Do you remember where Balerion's skull is in the red keep?" Daena asked her son.

"Yes."

"When you go there you will see a wooden door on the left, knock on it twice someone will answer it." She explained holding onto her son's hands tightly. "When they do give them the scroll, tell them that it's for the prince of the city."

Aeron had never seen his mother this way with him but it didn't bother him, he felt like he was needed in a whole knew way.

"Why me?" He asked.

"There will be eyes on me but with you they won't be bothered to look in your direction, they underestimate the power you hold Aeron." Daena said giving her son a small smile.

"I won't let you down."

"You can never let me down." She told him.

Daena lifted her dress taking one of the daggers that was strapped to her leg, she tucked it into his waist band and pulled his shirt over it.

"I love you Aeron more than life itself I will do anything to protect you and your sister." Daena said almost tearing up.

"Don't cry mother I'll be the monster they run from."

Daena was shocked by her son's words and she pulled him closer to her. "You are not a monster Aeron I don't want you to be a monster do not hurt anyone unless you have to. Do you hear me?"

"Only the bad people."

"Aeron this is not a joke." His mother warned.

"Good thing I'm not joking, you don't have to protect me I can protect us I can do this." Aeron replied.

Daena wanted to change her mind but Aeron was the only way to warn her mother. She planted a long kiss on his forehead.

"My brave boy." She whispered.

"I'm not just brave I'm strong to." He smirked.

"Where did you- that's not funny."

"It's a little funny." He said with a grin, he did not fully understand why there were whispers calling his uncles strong but he understood enough of it.

Daena rubbed her temples and sighed.

"I promise I can do this."

"If you ran into any trouble find or ask for Ser Harrold he will help you." She said.

Daena nodded and stood up bowing her head to him, Aeron bowed his head and left the room. Aeron made sure he wasn't being followed as he made his way to the red keep. The sight of the dragons skull made him uncomfortable he thought it was cruel to have it showcased for the viewing of others. Aeron walked towards the door his mother told him about and knocked on it, no one answered so he knocked again but was only met with silence. He was about to turn to leave when the door opened revealing a beautiful woman with black hair, he star struck.