Winged Shadow

That night Rhaenyra, Baela and Rhaena had stayed to comfort Daena before she asked them to leave. After her bath Daena sat on her bed brushing her hair when there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" She asked annoyed but no one answered but kept knocking

Daena rolled her eyes and sighed thinking it was Daemon. When she opened the door only to find Aemond standing there instead, she tried to slam the door but he stopped it and barged in. He closed the door causing Daena to step back.

"Get out. Now." She said angrily.

Aemond starred at her, she was wearing a white lace night gown. He quickly looked away and sat down, the last thing he needed was another surprise erection.

"Came to apologize? " She asked confused and angry.

"Why should I apologize? He scoffed.

"You called me strong Aemond......I know I am a bastard but you had no right." She said with her voice filled with hurt.

"I still don't see why I should be the one apologizing, you hit me remember.'' He said touching his chin.

"Because you deserved it!"

"And did I deserve this to!" Aemond said removing his eye patch and walking towards her angrily and grabbing her neck. "Why should I have to apologize for the monster I have became hm?... no one ever apologized for making me this way." For a second Daena thought he was going to kill her. She tried to free his hand from her neck but that only caused him to squeeze a bit harder.

She didn't know what to say, he had made a good point. "Then why are you here?" She said softly. Aemond stepped away from her releasing her neck and looked around the room, he had been asking himself the same question.

"To ask you join me on a dragon ride tomorrow." He said finally.

"Why would I do-" She started to say then stopped. "One the condition we make it into a race." She said smirking.

"Fine. And what it the prize?" He asked

"If I win you get on your damn knees and apologize to me." She said smirking as she sat down and crossed her legs.

Aemond traced his eyes over her body them her. Why did she have to fight him on everything? "I don't get on my knees." He said.

"Those are my terms." She realized Aemond was starring at her, she knew exactly how to piss him off. She pulled her dress up slightly with her middle finger, she hated him but she could tell he was growing uncomfortable. Aemond starred at her and as soon as she was about to do it again he grabbed her hands and got in her face.

"I hope you're ready for this dangerous game you started niece."

"You're a piece of shit, I'll show you tomorrow just that." She snapped back.

Aemond released her and walked to the door. "Fine, but if i win you and your brothers go back to Dragonstone."

"I should lose on purpose then." She said then Aemond walked out. She finally let out a breath, with him in the room she felt like she couldn't, everytime he was close she couldnt breathe.

The next day word had reached Rhaenyra and Alicent about the dragon race, they didn't know what the prize was but they knew their children and the danger. Rhaenyra and Alicent ran down and saw their children, luckily they were still on ground.

"Aemond! Daena!" Alicent and Rhaenyra both yelled their children's names.

"Oh shit." Aemond said.

"Go go go." Daena said and mounted her dragon and so did Aemond. Daemon held Rhaenyra back along with Luke and Jace.

Daena and Aemond took into the sky on their dragons,they had agreed on the terms of the race, the first on the land on the off shore Island of kings landing won. Suddenly Aemond flew Vhagar close to Dyrax almost knocking Daena off.

"Cunt!" She shouted and heard Aemond's laugh in a distance. Aemond looked around for her when she came from the sky infront of him. She looked back at him them said Dracarys. Draxes let out a breath of fire leaving Aemond and Vhagar to flew through it. Daena laughed, Aemond and Vhagar had slowed down. She landed on the island with Draxes and jumped around in joy. Aemond landed and climbed off Vhagar annoyed, he watched as Daena dance around then she got in his face.

"I don't want you to kneel here I want you to kneel infront of the bloody seven kingdoms for everyone in it to see." She said laughing. Aemond grabbed her face and kissed her, he didn't know why but he did. Daena couldn't help but kiss him back, she then pulled away and starred at him in disbelief.

"We should get back." She said and walked away mounting her dragon.

When Daena got back to kings landing her mother was furious.  Alicent didn't wait for Aemond to even get both feet on the ground before she unleashed her wrath upon him. Viserys came up to Daena and congratulated on her win and took her into a hug.

"Come dear husband you must rest." Alicent said taking Viserys's arm and they walked away. Rhaenyra kissed her daughter's head and left her alone with Aemond.

"Kneel." She told him and smirked.

Aemond looked around seeing her brothers and everyone else were starring.

"I don't  kneel."

Daena scoffed. " We made a deal and now you're what? Breaking your promise?"

"I didn't promise anything." He said coldly.

She pushed him. "Go fuck yourself Aemond." She said and started to walk away.

"I apologize." He mumbled causing Daena to stop and turn back to him.

"Thank you, doesn't kill you to be nice does it?" She asked with a small smile.

"It does." he said.

"We should talk about what happened Aemond." She said softly and looked around.  "On the island."

"Nothing happend." Aemond replied putting an end to the conversation.

"Nothing happened?" She asked in disbelief.

Aemond turned around and left her standing there, he didn't want to want her. In fact, he liked when she was mad at him, love is a complication and he doesn't need nor want that.

 In fact, he liked when she was mad at him, love is a complication and he doesn't need nor want that