Trust

Helaena cried over her dead son's body in the throne room.
Aeron stood with his hands at his side, Jaehaera slipped her hand in his holding it tightly.

"Who did this?" Helaena sobbed.

Everyone traded glances in silence. Some were clueless about what happened, but Aemond and Aeron knew the truth. Daena noticed her son and husband's nervousness. She got on her knees next to Helaena, trying to hold her.

"Who did this to my son!" She screamed.

Aeron was about to step forehead when Aemond grabbed his shirt from behind, pulling him back.

"I did it." Aemond mumbled.

Helaena got up, staring at her brother in horror. "You killed my son?"

Aemond lowered his head.

Helaena began pounding on his chest. "How could you!" Daena pulled Helaena away from Aemond and Aegon, and Maelor held her.

"You said you would make sure this didn't happen." Daena said to her husband with tears in her eyes.

"You knew?" Helaena asked.

Daena turned to Helaena but couldn't look her in the eye. "I am so sorry."

"Sorry? Sorry! My son is dead, and you knew!" Helaena shouted.

"Helaena I-"

Helaena landed a slap on Daena's cheek. Aeron released Jaehaera's hand and pulled his mother away from Helaena.
She held her burning cheek in shock.

"How could you kill my son Aemond?" She asked in tears.

"He didn't." Aeron spoke up.

"What are you talking about, Aeron?" Daena asked.

"He didn't do it." He mumbled.

Aemond grabbed his son's shirt. "Shut your damn mouth."

Daena pulled them apart. "Who did it?" She asked firmly.

Aeron glanced at Jaehaera. "I did." He mumbled.

Helaena fell to her knees, crying. Daena looked at Aemond.

"I could kill you right now." She whispered to him.

"Mother, don't blame them. I asked them to help." Elaena spoke up.

"Did everyone here know but me?" Helaena asked, getting to her feet.

"Mother, they did it to help me." Jaehaera said, trying to hold her mother's hand.

"It was an accident. I'm sorry." Aeron said to Helaena.

"His leg is shattered! His face is destroyed!" Helaena turned to Daena. "You were supposed to be my best friend. I trusted you!"

"I know, and I'm sorry."

"I don't want your apology! All my life, I never complained, I did my duty and kept my head down. And what do I get?"

"I know I-"

"How would you feel if someone murdered your son? Don't answer because I know you and I know what you would do."

Tears fell down Daena's face. Her family was falling apart. Her friendship was being ripped into a million pieces.

"Really? Tears?" Helaena said. "My son is dead. I don't even recognize his face. I will never get to hold him again."

"I know. I'm so sorry."

Daena tried to hold Helaena's hand, but she pulled away. "You are dead to me." Helaena mumbled and walked away.