4

KEHLANI

I look down at my phone to see I was still on FaceTime with him. I don't even remember when I called him or when I fell asleep.

I heard typing so I knew he was definitely doing some sort of work on his laptop. He picks up his phone almost immediately once I pick up mine.

"You up?" His deep voice booms into the camera. I lower the volume down immediately.

I look at myself in the little FaceTime camera thingy before lowering my phone. I looked like shit.

"I'm up." I half-say half-yawn which is followed by him chuckling. He literally never laughed so I don't know what was so amusing.

"Put the camera back on your face." He replies but I ignore it. I slide down to check the time.

Fuck. 1pm?

I nearly always woke up early so this was definitely late to me. I look to the side of my bed to see a half-drunken wattle bottle.

Who the fuck?

But then I remember I let Amir in. I don't remember much of yesterday but I do hope I didn't let anything crazy happen between us.

"My head hurts so fucking much." I mumble to myself, slightly forgetting he was listening.

"And why do you think that?" He replies sarcastically yet nothing was funny.

I slide down my phone, seeing a few missed calls and texts around 2-3am but none lately.

"I already told Adora what happened." He says after a few seconds of silence.

"Thank you." I say, embarrassed now. I reach over my bed which only added to the headache and took chugging what I was given.

"Are you okay?" He asks me with a genuine tone in his voice.

"Not at all." I chuckle, trying to laugh it off but he doesn't.

"What even happened?"

"I don't know, I was just taking shots and shaking my ass, having the time of my life. I think Adora left for a while and they came in- I don't know." I sigjh.

I also realise he can see my full face which still looks absolutely disgusting. I lower the camera once more and he chuckles again.

"What's funny Amir?" I ask him but he ignores it. Like he always does.

"I'm just happy you're safe." He sighs before he continues his typing.

Shit me too.

"Why were they scared of you?" I ask him. He stays silent for a while before opening his mouth.

"My name holds a lot of weight for shit I ain't proud of." He replies.

"As in?"

"Nothing important Kehlani." He replies and continues typing.

"I don't wanna hold you so go ahead and do whatever you need." He says and I frown. I just know it had to do with what I asked.

He definitely wasn't holding me from anything, in fact the sound of his voice was very comforting right now but I didn't want to bother him as much as I already have.

"Okay. Bye " I reply and he waves at the camera before ending the call.

I find the strength to get up and walk into my connected bathroom to complete my morning routine- even though it was the afternoon.

I chug more of the water or basically finishing it before throwing it into the trashcan like a basketball. A habit I got from my brother.

I scroll around on my phone, posting videos from last night or replying back to messages.

I text Adora and she explains what happened last night. I knew she wouldn't leave me at a place in that state so her story seemed reasonable.

I walk downstairs and open the door. It's a hot day, good.
I walk into the kitchen and open the fridge but I don't see nothing I want to cook.

Don't forget to go food shopping.

I decide on putting my phone on Do Not Disturb and watching netflix. I've watched nearly every show with Adora and I hate movies. I press on Clueless for the hundredth time and watch it until I fall asleep.

3 hours later

I hear shouting which wakes me up straight away. I rub my eyes until I see a blur- or a person.

"Kehlani." He says.

How the fuck did he get in?

"What are you doing here?" I ask, still confused on what's going on.

"Your parents were calling and couldn't reach you, then me and Adora tried so I came to check on you but the door was left open." He sighs.

"Oh I must've forgot to close it properly." I shrug as I yawn.

"You good though?" He asks with concern in his tone. It was cute but I didn't need to be coddled, especially by someone I barely knew.

"I'm fine, thank you." I get up and walk to the kitchen with him following.

"Did you eat?" He asks from behind the breakfast counter.

"Nah but i'm gonna make somethin'." I open the fridge to get a water bottle and offer it to him but he shakes his head.

"Make what? With that empty ass fridge." He comments before I burst into laughter.

"Not too much, I'm gonna go food shopping tomorrow." I roll my eyes. I look across the kitchen into the window and it was pretty dark. I feel him staring at me but I ignore it.

"We can go right now." He replies.

"It's fine Amir." I tell him before taking a sip off the water. Even when I do the most effortless stuff, he's always looking straight into my eyes.

"Alright, you sure you're okay?" He asks as he gets up from the stool.

"Yess I am good." I roll my eyes.

"See you later?" He looks up to me and I slightly frown. I didn't want him to leave already.

"Neverm- Look I don't want to disturb you or nothing but could you stay? Just a little while longer." I expect an excuse but instead, he smiles.

"I got you," He sits back down onto the stool.

"But first, we need to order some food or some shit 'cause you got nothing in this house." He finishes.

Not too fucking muchhh.

"When you cuss it sounds so funny." He replies and I realise I said it out loud.

"You didn't even laugh." I roll my eyes.

"I did. In my head."

"Weirdo." I mumble under my breath.

"Okay pal." He sticks his thumb out and its the most hilarious thing ever.

"You're a real life meme." I shake my head.

"Am I funny to you?" He asks, tilting his head.

"Hilarious." I reply, mimicking his gesture before we both burst out into laughter.

I like this one.