46

KEHLANI

"I told you i'll be back in the morning." He says in his usual low tone as I kiss all over his face and neck.

I could go a day max without being with Amir but this time it was different, I was so sure on losing him this time.

With Amir it's unpredictable on how you lose him too, you never know what will happen.

"Damn bae you missed me that much?" He chuckles as he picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist.

"I was so tempted to watch Snowfall without you." I tell him and he pauses in his tracks. "I didnt watch it, I promise." I giggle and his expression soften.

He was always so angry whenever I would watch something without him, it was cute though.

He continued his steps and walked us into my room before laying me down in my huge bed. He hovered over me and pecked my lips twice before laying next to me.

I grabbed the remote and switched on our show before laying my head on his chest. His soft fingers caressed my spine in a particular motion which felt so fucking good.

"I wanna tell my family today, about the baby." He says and I look up to him.

"I know that might be hard for you so i'm here for you." I reassure him and he smiles.

"I appreciate you." He replies.

"You wanna tell me what happened in Staten Island?" I ask him and he sighs uncomfortably.

"Rico's gone, forever." He tells me and I nod in reply.

"That was basically your brother at one point, you don't feel anything at all?"

"Rico had too many issues with too many people, he was bound to die at some point." He replies. It was crazy how simply he spoke about these things.

"But you don't right? Like there's nothing tying you back?" I ask.

"I can't take back my history, people will always know what ace used to do in my younger years but that's it really. Just my history. I'm out Kehlani." He says finally and truthfully.

And I'm so proud, I felt like now we can genuinely start a family.

"Will you stop carrying a gun now?" I ask him and he starts to chuckle. "That was never stopping." He replies.

Right.

"Why do you pick today of all days to tell your family?" I ask.

"I want everything off of my chest." He says and I lift my head off of his. He mugs me causing me to laugh. "You're so corny." He mumbles.

"You're sure you want it to be today?" I ask and he jerks his head back.

"What? You don't want to?"

"No, no..it's just after last time we was there we didn't leave on a positive note." I counter in the most careful way possible.

"I won't let anything happen this time, I promise you." He says before laying my head back down.

Very aggressive.

"Now let's finish this season and get ready to go." He whispers causing me to smile from above him.

"What car you think I should get for Niyah?" He turns to me. "Just ask her." I reply and he mugs me.

"That would ruin the surprise, why would I do that?" He asks in a 'dub' tone which is so hard to take seriously.

"Is she going to be here tonight?" I ask him and he shakes his head no. We've been outside his parents house for just over ten minutes and I don't really know what we were waiting for.