💙

AMIR

"Hey Ajani, I ain't talked to you in a long ass time. Shit, I ain't talked to you in a year. I get so scared of coming here, scared of realising that you're gone forever. The first person to ever accept my craft, the first person to show me how to be a man- shit you know all this. I've told you all this before. I just wish I told you when you were alive. Truth is I don't even know what to say to you, I would sit here in silence but i'm fucking scared of graves and shit." I pause for a second as my mind lingers to Kehlani.

"I met a girl, my first fuck, my first girlfriend and hopefully the woman I marry, the woman who has my kids. Her dad don't even like my ass but i'ma marry her." I chuckle thinking about the last part.

"They took Sierra from me, from us. She was too young, too pure, I was gonna see her the next day too. Why does everybody always leave me?" I ask, half expecting a answer for a reason.

I stare at his grave for a while and hold back all the tears that I felt emerge. I can't cry, not here, not in front of him. I know he would want me to, but I won't.

"I vowed to you that I won't ever get involved in these streets, I broke that shit once before. I ain't breaking it again, I can't. You're not going to die for no reason." I say, my voice breaking with every word.

"I love you Ajani, I appreciate everything you done for me. Watch over me, protect me and mines when you know I can't." I end before walking over to my car.

I turn and look at his grave once more.

Loving brother and son.
Ajani Carter.

"I just pray you're proud of me, I know I was proud of you." I whisper to myself before leaving.

I had to ditch the over one so i've been riding for this hellcat for the past day or two. I don't remember how many hours it's been and I couldn't care much to.

My phone's been off since I drove out of the situation. I just got this replacement car, ate some food and drove to see Ajani, I had to.

Now, to go see my baby.