58

KEHLANI

Sometimes I just look at Amir and I start smiling, I just feel so safe with him. I think he has the same effect on Ajani too.

He'll catch me staring and call me creepy but really i'm just admiring, i'm really so in love with this man and I love that I am.

And because of moments like that it was hard for me to be insecure and jealous because he was the one stretching me out every night.

Every. Single. Night.

But who the hell was Alex?

I shaked her hand politely before turning to Amir who dropped his smile once he saw me. Why the hell was he so smiley?

He never even smiled in front of me until months after I met him.

"This is my gir- fiancé Kehlani." He corrects quickly and I squint at him.

"I've heard a lot about you from Darrel, it's nice to meet you." She chuckles but I don't find her amusing. "And this must be your beautiful baby boy." She looks down to the baby carrier and reaches in but I tug on the handle.

She takes the hint and steps back. "He's sleeping but you can see him later." Mr friendly ass Amir says.

"What a beautiful family." She replies but I only smile in response. Like I said, I wasn't a jealous girl and us both being known we got stuff like this all the time.

It was just her.

Something about her was off. It was more envy than happiness and for some reason only I was sensing it.

And she had to be a very important person for her to be in Amir's office, in the same room with our son knowing how protective Amir can be.

Darrel bursts into the door and I let out a sigh of relief. The room was filled with tension and everything just felt forced.

"Hey family." He says with his arms out and we all start smiling. Darrel was a fun person to be around.

"Oh shit, I haven't seen you in forever." His eyes widen as he speed walks over to Alex, not stopping to pull her into a hug.

I sure do hope Amir didn't hug her.

"I just came to give you this." I put his food down on his desk and he pecks my lips twice.

"Thank you my love." He whispers before pulling away and apart of me wishes he screamed it out. "Was he okay today?"

"Very tired today, that's all." I reply, referring to Ajani. I say my bye's to the whole group and leave with a sleeping Ajani but Darrel stops me once i'm out of the office.

"Hey baby mama, you good?" He asks me and I chuckle before replying with a nod. "I don't know if Amir properly introduced you but Alex is a old friend of ours."

"I don't want to be jealous but something is off about her Darrel, I know i'm not making this up." I express.

"If you got some concerns, who am I tell you to how to feel. I'm just saying you should talk to your fiancé'bout it." He replies.

"Oh I will."

AMIR

I felt like I was in one of those white movies. Long day at work, go back to the wife and kids in a huge oversized mansion.

I liked it though.

I threw myself onto the sofa, unbuttoning my top bottom and throwing away my tie onto the table. The house was unusually quiet which I didn't like, something was up.

Kehlani appears from the stairs, finding a seat next to me with a sleeping Ajani in her hands. I smile as soon as I see them, knowing damn well I missed the two.

"Did you fuck Alex?" Kehlani asks me, cradling Ajani closer to her chest. I looked into her eyes before looking down, sighing heavily.

"Baby what will it change? What difference will it make?" I try defend, standing up now.

I would've given her a straight forward answer but I didn't want anything to go wrong now, not now, not this time where I was happy.

"Don't do that childish shit Amir, just tell me. Please." She spoke sternly, staring straight at me.

"Why would you even ask me that Kehlani? Where you get this shit from? I know you were beating yourself up about this all day."

"You keep saying everything but answering my question and that's all i'm asking." She replies. "I'm not stupid, I saw how she was looking at you, how she looked at me and my baby with so much envy."

"If you told me I could've handled that right there when it happened." I say and she mugs me, visually pissed.

"Amir dont piss me off right now."

"Yeah I did ma." I licked my lips, folding my arms now. She furrowed her eyebrows which told me all I needed to know.

"Did you cheat on me?"

"Hell nah, no, I would never baby you know that. I had sex with her the day I went to my mom's house then I went to yours after and we talked." I clarify and she shakes her head, chuckling.

(Chapter 32 btw)

"Why is it always you? When have I ever had a situation with another men?" Kehlani asks bitterly and I suck my teeth.

"You just gonna forget about Dion?"

"I broke up with you, I was single, I was drunk and I was heartbroken. Of course I acted out." She replies, her voice rising now.

"Oh so when I act out and smoke a lil' bit, chill in a room with some bitches it's a problem?" I ask her, aggravating her now.

"We was together, not officially but we was somewhat together,"

"You're so fucking foul for even mentioning that shit, till this day I get dragged for getting back with your ass after that footage was leaked." She clarifies causing me to sigh.

"I don't think it's fair that you're saying it's always me in these type of situations, that's all ma. I know this is the bare minimum but I've never disrespected you directly, i've never cheated on you, i've always cared for you so you can't be saying this shit." I express to her.

"Okay." She replies bluntly, standing up with Ajani. She walks up the stairs and I follow her with my eyes, eyeing every step.

Okay? Really?

I jog up the stairs, following after her. I lean on the nursery door, waiting for her to put Ajani in his bed.

She planted a kiss on his cheek before adjusting the baby camera and exiting the room, barely acknowledging my presence. I pull her back by her arm, placing my hands on her waist.

"Talk to me."

"You lied to me. You told me during the time we weren't together, you didn't fuck with any other girls. You were laughing with the woman you fucked right in front of your fiancé." She says, putting all her weight on one leg.

"Before anything she was a childhood friend, I didn't mean to disrespect you. That's just how I saw it." I reply.

"It doesn't matter. If I was that close with Dion you would've made Kasey kill him by now and we didn't even have sex." She says which I couldn't argue.

She wasn't lying.

"I love you, i'm in love with you. You don't have to worry about nobody else ever again I promise you baby, it's only you and Ajani." I say, purposely ignoring her statement.

"Don't do that Amir, don't do that. She knows what she's doing and she's definitely happy as fuck right now knowing that she has the ability to break this happy family up right now." She snaps, stepping back.

"I apologise for not telling you, I should've told you. I'll be honest with you I don't think i'd ever tell you, i'm so scared of losing you Kehlani." I admit to her.

"I think you've lost me.."