infrunami 2.1

AMIR

A YEAR LATER

"Not me being married now likeeee." I chuckle to myself which makes Kehlani turn to me and start laughing.

"So sassy." She giggles, shaking her head. "Are you done writing Amir?" She looked up from her notebook to mine before frowning.

"Let me analyse my ring." I reply and she rolls her eyes. i suck my teeth before sliding the ring back on my finger and lifting my notebook up from the table. "You want me to read it baby?"

"Yes please,"

"Mathew 11:28 Come to me, all of you who are weary burdened and I will give you rest,

It's a comforting verse about finding rest in peace and how nothing man made can satisfy us except God. Because of his love he heals the broken-hearted." I read out and she started to smile.

Me and Kehlani found ourselves becoming a better couple, better people and better Christians. Every wednesday we both had free schedules so she wanted to dedicate this time to study the Bible with me, a tradition that had been going on for the past three months now.

I was more in love with her than ever now that we became closer to God and I could finally say I was a genuine Man of God.

Kehlani made me a better person, that was for sure.

"I love how we understood that verse differently but I did like your explanation, I guess mine was a little more complex." She added.

"It made sense to me...'Lani can I ask you something?" I ask her and she nods as she took a long sip from her caramel frappe. "Do you think the devil was working in our relationship?"

"Definitely. I think a true Godly relationship shouldn't have been in as much trials and tribulations that we should've been in and if God didn't continue to fight for us then we wouldn't hav worked, honestly." She explained to me, truthfully.

"Doesn't that you a little bit sad? You don't ever wish we didn't go through as much?"

"It makes me love you more. Love is patient and this relationship was definitely patient. I am happy about our growth and i'm happy about our little family." She smiled once the word family left her tongue. Honestly, so did I.

I was so happy to have a family with her.

"But I know because of how far we've became the devil will try and fight harder to knock us down but with God, I know we'll be fine." She made clear of, holding my hand and I held hers tighter.

"I al so in love with you, words literally cannot explain my love for you." I admit causing her to start cheesing. Lil cornball.

"I love you more." She replied but I didn't argue this time. My heart knew I loved her more, so damn much.

KEHLANI

"Ajani, love, you need to stop eating my food." I laugh as he grabs my cinnamon roll with his small little hand.

I try to take the piece off of him because he couldn't even fit it in his mouth but he kept fighting my hand away. With some struggle, I got it and tore off an appropriate piece so he could eat it.

"Thank you mama." He just about managed to say accurately. I kiss his cheek before grabbing a napkin to wipe off all that icing on his fist.

"Can you sit so you can eat please love?" I ask him and he plops down on his butt and I start to laugh. "Come on, you can sit on the couch."