8

AMIR

"And drinks for the ladies." Mr. Bianchi puts two drinks down for Sierra and Kehlani.

We used to come here all the time as a kid, even when we had no money Mr.Bianchi would still give us something to eat. I haven't visited in a while and it only felt right to bring Kehlani here.

She has been smiling non-stop every time I interacted with Sierra. I hope she thinks I haven't noticed.

"Thank you." She whispers and Mr. Bianchi gives her a welcoming smile.

"You're family now, you don't have to act shy." He gives her a soft peck on her hand. If that was anybody else- but it's Mr.Bianchi and he doesn't mean any harm.

He looks back to me and gives me a significant look but I understand.

"Bella Ragazza." He smiles at me before walking off. I look at Jayda and her eyes are already on mine.

She really is.

"You remember when you, me and Rico had a fight and Mrs.Bianchi humbled the hell out of us in front of everybody."

"Made us apologise and hug it out." I laugh alongside him.

"How's Rico doing?" He asks. I restrain from showing any emotion about the topic and decide to face my plate.

"Rico is Rico." I reply.

"Right." He replies coldly before stabbing his fork in his steak.

I turn to Kehlani and she was shyly eating her alfredo as if we're going to beat her ass for chewing. Sierra's sipping on her juice rather than eating but I don't mind.

I checked on Sierra every month and sent her mom money. I made sure the money would only be spent on Sierra. Darrel didn't know this though but I know she needed it.

"How's your moms doing?" Darrel turns to me and I scrunch my face up at the question.

"I don't know." I reply nonchalantly and he figures to not ask anymore questions. He takes the hint and decides to switch the conversation.

"You need to go to the bathroom Sierra?" Darrel asks her and she shakes her head.

"Lying ass." I chuckle and so does Darrel.

"Can you take her to the bathroom for me please?" He asks Kehlani and she nods. "You gonna go to the bathroom with Kehlani baby." He tells.

"Ok daddy." Sierra replies before she gets up, holding Lani's hand and they walk off.

"You ever regret having a kid?" I ask him and he shakes his head passionately.

"Fuck no. I just regret not being there for her properly." He replies.

"But are you gonna change that?"

"I need money to change that. But I don't wanna go down the same path as Rico, I ain't built like him." He sighs.

"You want to work for me?" I suggest.

"What will I be doing?"

"You can draw man. You can draw and design and all that shit you've been doing since middle school. You got a talent. I want you to design my next building for my studio. I need a bigger place."

"What?" He shouts out accidentally and I smile.

"I already bought the land, I just want you to design it for me." I tell him and his eyes widen.

Since forever he's always had a thing for making models out of clay and cardboard and his drawing was amazing. I'm surprised he didn't make a career out of it but coming from where we came from, it also wasn't a big deal that he didn't.