9

AMIR

After I took her to Mr.Bianchi's it was only right that I took her to my most vulnerable place. This beach. I don't know if I could tell her the story behind this place, but I loved every second of being with her here.

I lay in the sand as I stare at her moulding a sand castle as if she's a child. It's cute though and i'm happy she's comfortable.

I hear her shout my name and I immediately look up to see her cheesing, pointing to her sand castle. It was lowkey ass compared to what I expected it would come out like.

"That's ugly as fuck." I reply before I lay back down. I figured she would flip me off and she did.

She throws sand at my chest and attempts to run away but I grab her calf before she can get anywhere. She trips and falls onto the sand as I hover over her.

"Get offfff." She giggles, trying to push me off from on top of her. After around the fourth tug, I get off and lay besides her.

I turn to her and she's still smiling. Before I can do anything else she gets up and runs to the water. She's been switching from the water and the sand for the past 40 minutes we've been here.

I grab my camera and zoom in onto her. I perfect my shot before taking a bunch of different pictures. I definitely have a favorite though.

A work of art.

(What the picture would look like)

She hears the sound of the camera click and immediately turns towards me. She smiles and rolls her eyes, her wet hair swaying along with her.

She turns to me but doesn't say anything, she just stares and I stare back. I know she would be the first to fold and she does after a few seconds, looking away and cheesing.

"What are your aspirations?" She asks me and I scrunch my face up.

"Aspirations?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah like what you-"

"I know what it means 'Lani ," I interrupt and we both start laughing. I look up to her and think about the question for a while. "I want to make my family lineage bosses." I reply but she doesn't look satisfied.

"Why is that your biggest aspiration?"

"Because growing up I always wondered why my parents or my grandparents couldn't be rich. I hated how I lived and I hated my reality. I don't want no kid with the name Carter to live through that. All my kids, grandparents and more gotta be something for themselves." I realise i'm ranting but she's smiling.

"And that's an amazing thing to wish for but don't you fear it might not happen? You won't even be alive to see it."

"I just trust in God that once I pave the way, the Carters after me will succeed too." I say and she nods.