70

AMIR

6 months later

"Say it, say Dada." I say slowly but Ajani only babbles before spitting all over his chin and his shirt.

Ajani was going to be 1 very soon and he was already growing up too fast. He was stating baby weaning and was starting to walk a little.

Fatherhood was crazy but it was one of the best parts of my life. I was the happiest i've ever been at this point of my life.

"He's such a mommy's boy, I love it." Kehlani says before kissing his cheek in which he smiles goofily in response.

At first he was so attached to me but I guess because how I was always at work, he had more time with Kehlani than me.

"He really is, he don't mess with you at all." Niyah's big ass head wanted to add in. I mug her and she mugs me right back.

"You guys are always fighting." Kehlani says and Niyah mumbles something under breath which I ignore.

"Damn me personally." Kehlani mumbles which I hear because I was close enough. I ignore that remark too.

"I'm gonna go outside baby, hold on." I peck her lips quickly before standing up from my seat. I move Ajani into her arms before walking out into the front yard.

"You guys use any little excuse to grill something." I say to Rosetta and Otis who were grilling some patties and sausages.

We were having yet again, another cookout because my mom got a new job. It was cool but it wasn't no reason to throw down some food on a grill and invite nearly everybody and their mommas.

"Your girlfriend gets finer and finer each time I see her lorddd." Otis chuckles causing me to nudge him.

"My fiancé, actually nigga." I correct him and he raises his hands in defeat. I couldn't wait until I could make her my wife.

My wife.

"I hope you guys find out your cousin's." Rosetta scoffs before walking away causing me to chuckle. Dumbass stud.

"How is it? Having a baby and allat?" Otis asks me before taking a swing of his beer. This reminded me of having heart to hearts with your father and I slightly wished I could've had one with him.

Like on queue, I saw him walk by and he gave me a small nod and I returned one. Over the time we became mutual but I haven't came across to forgive him wholeheartedly.

I had to heal from a lot, he was one of them. Kehlani and my baby boy. has been helping me through the process and they didn't even know it but I knew I was making progress.

"It's a blessing. I love him." I say truthfully and Otis smiles before wiping fake tears from his eyes.

"So cute, so cute." He coaxed and I smack my lips. That's why he's going to die alone.

"Let me go and talk to my family, hating ass nigga." I reply before walking back into the house. There was a football game going on that they were watching.

I wasn't a football fan, I only liked basketball so I wasn't involved with all their shouting and betting. Kehlani, surprisingly, was  very attentive to the game.