54

KEHLANI

I looked up as Amir woke up, his face had a mug and his body language was stiff. I looked close and a small tear dropped from his face.

"Are you okay?" I ask him and he looks around for a while before smiling. A huge smile. He stands up from the chair that I was guessing was so uncomfortable before leaning over to kiss me.

"I had a bad dream." He pauses and scans the room again in fear.

"Where's the baby?" He asks quickly, his face turning into that mug of his again.

"He's upstairs on the third floor, are you sure you're okay?" I ask him and he calms down once again. "What did you dream about?"

"We lost the baby and you was bleeding, a lot. I was so scared Kehlani." He replies and my eyes widen. I hold his hand and look up to him.

"Look, i'm happy, i'm healthy and so is our beautiful son. It was just a dream." I assure him and he starts to smile again.

Fuck, I love that smile.

"I'm in love with these pictures." I say, shuffling the polaroid pictures around. I already knew Amir was going to be a good father, I could just tell.

When he saw the baby come out he was so happy, the happiest i've ever seen him. I'm so in love with this man.

"What are we going to name him?" He asks me and I look up, thinking of the name. I was thinking about many for a while but only one name stuck.

"Ajani." I reply and his eyes travel to me, making me slightly nervous.

"Really?" He asks and I nod slowly. "I love you Kehlani, thank you. Fuck, I love you." He says, showering me with kisses and I start to giggle.

"I love you too now stop." I say, laughing now. I don't know why I was so ticklish, it was so immature.

"Your mom brought food, you haven't ate though." I tell him and he shrugs. "Is it the dream? Is it bothering you?"

"It was so vivid, it was so real. I hate seeing you hurt like that. But we're okay and I just want to see my baby again, I feel like I forgot what he looks like." He replies.

"You can, after you eat." I say and he rolls his eyes which makes me laugh. So sassy for what?

He runs his fingers across his cheek, his nose and his forehead. Almost as if he's checking if he's real. I love it, I love the sight.

Ajani yawns in his arms before hurling his body against him and he starts to smile, showing all white teeth.

"Held him for 9 months just for him to look nothing like me." I scoff and Amir laughs.

"He's my twin." He replies, rocking Ajani slowly in his arms. He looks up to me and we're both smiling uncontrollably.

We have a family together.

I can't get over it.

The nurse enters the room with a smile on her face, not as large as mine but definitely big enough.

"Would you like to try nursing the child?" She asks me and I turn to Amir who was giving me a look of encouragement.

"Oh okay, sure." I reply. It reminded me not only did I have a family but I was a mother and he was my son. It kind of scared me.

The nurse places the both of us in position and in a few minutes he's latched onto me. Amir is staring with curiosity but i'm looking down at my beautiful, perfect baby.

"My baby.." I hum, stroking my fingers through his thick curls.

Today was the first morning Ajani has spent in our house, we was discharged yesterday and he was only 3 days old.

Literally, 3 days old.

I turn to Amir and shake his arm until I realise i'm just grabbing his dick. I look up and he's sitting against the headboard with Ajani in his hand.

He looks down then back up to me before bursting into laughter. "We just had a kid, you want another one?" He asks me and I roll my eyes.

"I need to feed him." I say, ignoring his indecent comment.

"He's sleeping, I just wanted to hold him. Go get ready and then you can." He orders and I roll my eyes.

Yes daddy.

"You really want another don't you?" He chuckles and I realise I said that out loud. He looks at my face of shock and starts laughing again.

"Stop laughing before you wake my baby up." I retort as I get up. He leans over to slap my ass and I hold my mouth to muffle my yelp.

I check if Ajani woke up but he wasn't disturbed at all by all the noise around him. He definitely got that from me because Amir was the lightest sleeper I knew.

"Fine as fuck." He mumbles and I glare at him. "Stop cursing in front of him." I retort but he brushes me off.

I take longer to get ready than usual, my body was different and everything smelled off. Everything just didn't feel like me and I didn't know if I could get to the old me ever again.

That's what scared me.

"You good?" He asks from behind the door and his voice assures my thoughts.

"I'm okay." I reply and I hear him shuffle back onto the bed. I wonder when Ajani's going to start to wake up, it's been way too long.

Until I hear him cry and I rush out the bathroom to tend to him. He's laying against Amir's chest, gnawing on his fists that barely fit into his mouth.

I pick him up and he welcomes me with a gummy smile which warms my heart. I kiss his chubby cheeks and I realise Amir is staring hard.

"You're such a stalker." I giggle but he ignores it. "You're gonna be a good mother, you know that right?" He replies causing me to smile.

"I love you baby."

"I love you too Mrs Carter."

WRITERS NOTE:
This chapter was so hard to write for me so i'm sorry🙏🏾 and no I didn't kill their baby because I know you guys would come for me, please leave me alone now😂😂