47

ZARIAH
mini timeskip: 4 months

Ever since Rico 'disappeared', Amir has been moving way more paranoid than before. I couldn't blame him though, his life was finally coming together and niggas were hating.

I built the biggest nightclub in New York and he had one of the biggest modelling agencies in the country.

It was only Kasey and Darrel who was stuck in that life, I didn't blame Darrel either. Nothing was stopping that but I wished Kasey would start something legit.

"Hey is he in a meeting?" I ask Amir's assistant but she shakes her head before returning to her phone call. I swear she's always on the phone.

We walk into the room where Amir was talking to Kehlani, her seated on his lap. She eyes the both of us us and slightly chokes on her caramel frappe.

"Hey Za." Kehlani mumbles and I furrow my eyes brows. Why was she acting weird.

"Hey baby mama." I reply and we both chuckle, hers is more awkward than mine.

"Amir, this is Dion. The guy I was telling you about for the agency." I introduce but he seems angrier.

Amir and Kehlani exchange a look which confuses me.

What's going on?

"With all due respect, I don't think this is gonna work Za but I appreciate the offer anyway." Dion says, turning to me.

"And why won't it work?" Amir asks which causes Kehlani to scrunch her face up.

"Excuse me?"

"Let me talk to my wife real quick." He says, playing with his beard. We exit the room and stay out until Kehlani opens the door around three minutes later.

She walks behind the desk, taking her original seat on his lap again and me and Dion both sit down.

"If it's cool with her then i'm cool with it, you a grown ass man." Amir says and I smile.

"I'm cool with it too, I guess." Dion replies and he nods.

"Just pull up over here next week and we'll get started with everything." He says.

"I appreciate it." Dion says standing up before shaking Amir's hand. He looks at Kehlani which we all notice before looking away but looking back to her.

This nigga wants to die?

"Congratulations on the baby Kehlani." He says to her and she gives him a smile.

"We appreciate it." Amir being the jealous fuck that he is says, putting a tighter grip on Kehlani.

It was cute though, not the obsessive overprotective kind grip but the she's mine and I love her grip.

Kehlani walks us out and we leave. I look at Dion and he sighs, getting ready to explain himself.

"We met at Adora's party, got drunk as fuck and we nearly fucked but we didn't. Then i'm guessing they got back together." He explains quickly.

"Why would you try fuck Amir's girl?" I stretch and he shrugs.

"He bleeds the same blood I bleed, he ain't nobody special."

"You ain't ever heard of a Ace from Sugarhill?" I ask him and he thinks for a while before widening his eyes.

"Damn that's ace?" He asks and I nod before sighing. "Still, he ain't no God for me to be scared of him. She wanted to fuck me, I stopped it."

"Yeah but if you said the wrong thing up there, something would've happened Dion."

"I'm good Za, ima be working for him won't I?" I roll my eyes at his comment. He really underestimated Amir.