49

KEHLANI

"Niyah what the fuck have you gotten yourself into?" I ask her and she sighs. My mom was a nurse for a while but my dad insisted that it didn't look good for his woman to be working so she quit, still, she taught me some stuff.

I was currently nursing to her glassing wounds. She didn't seem one bit scared and surprisingly neither was I.

"Was that the same boy that Amir was angry at from this morning?" I ask her and she shakes her head slowly.

"He's someone else." She mumbles. We both turn once we hear a car's loud engine. It quickly turns off and a door slam is followed.

He's here.

Slower than I expected.

"You wanna speak or should I?" I ask her and she points at me.

"What happened?" He asked, angry as fuck. The worst i've ever seen him. No, Sierra was the worst and now this.

"Some nigga was at the door to speak to Niyah, they started arguing and the windows were smashed secondes later but he ran off before I could do anything." I explain and he immediately looks at Niyah.

"Ima kill that nigga Niyah." He storms out and I follow behind him. I turn back to Niyah but she just burst into tears.

I didn't know wether I should tend to her or stop Amir from doing something dumb.

"I'll be right back im sorry." I shout out before jogging after him. I pull his arm before he gets in the car but he pulls his arm back.

"Amir stop." I sigh, caressing his cheek. He pulls away before getting into the car

I get in the way of the door before he gets the chance to slam it, I know he wouldn't hurt me. I don't think he could.

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" He asks, his tone softer and so is his face. He's definitely calmed down.

"I'm fine, we're fine." I reply and he nods. "Amir what are you going to do?"

"Kehlani let me drop you home, let's go."

"Niyah is in there crying, alone. I can't leave her." I retort but he sucks his teeth. "What are you going to do? Why can't you stay and talk to her? Why do you always have to result in-

"Some bitch smashed up my lil' cousin's place of work and you don't expect me to do shit? You don't know who I am?" He returns harshly.

"I know, you're the king of Sugarhill right? If you go you're not going to be in my child's life, i'm not going back and forth with you." I say and he jerks his head back.

"Get the fuck out of my face with that shit Kehlani, you don't understand and you never will. You act like it's so fucking easy but shit like this happens all the time." He says calmly which pisses me off even more.

He shuts the door and drives off in seconds. I feel tears building up and I let them go. I don't have the strength to suck it in anymore.

He picked what he wanted and that was that. I know what he was going to do to today wasn't nothing positive.

I walked back into the house and Niyah was no longer crying, she was just staring at the wall.

"Can someone explain what the fuck is going on?"

"He was my ex, Jason, he hit me and Amir found out and he dealt with it but I forgave him and we dating on the low. I would give him money and hold stuff that he gave me but you know Amir is connected to everyone and he found out again so he dealt with it, for the last time. He hasn't came back until recently but I threatened to call Amir or Darrell so he ran off. Now he came back today trying to fuck with me again but I declined then he pushed me into the walls which smashed the window." She explains, her eyes now teary.