51

KEHLANI

3 MONTHS LATER

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Kehlani, happy birthday to you." The group sings in a rhythm and it surprisingly doesn't sound too bad.

After everything I needed something different for a while until the heat died down. I moved to LA for a while and this is the time I was coming back.

I came back to New York for my birthday and it was cold as fuck. I appreciated how hot LA was because this weather wasn't no joke. Either way I was only there for a few hours since they surprised me with a group trip to Bora Bora.

After what happened, Amir's friends soon became my friends and we all had a group. It felt safer and we was more cautious.

Even Niyah tagged along since she was of age.

I cut the first slice of the cake and most people take their share. Even though Kasey was a grown ass man, his childish took at least four servings.

How you pushing 30 and still eating cake?

He's been moody this whole trip since Zariah brought Dion so I didn't do too much about the cake thing.

This was our second day here and my actual birthday. I know the group was trying so hard to cheer me up but I couldn't let him out of my mind.

We wasn't even on the best of terms before he died. He didn't get to meet my child. He didn't reach all his accomplishments.

It hurt me.

I left the group to walk lay in my bed. I used to find it corny when people said they had a social battery but I completely understood, it literally has died.

In minutes I feel my skin being caressed and kissed in different places. He leans up, putting his face in view and I put both hands across his face before kissing him.

"Why did you try escape?" He asks me with a chuckle.

"I just got tired, you know I can't stand for too long bae." I reply even though that wasn't the whole truth.

He opens his mouth to speak but mine drops. I shush him and drag his hands onto my stomach and we both smile.

"It's kicking." We say in unison, smiling as we feel the rhythmic movements. We didn't have much moments like this often, our baby rarely ever kicked which always scared me.

"I love you," He pecks my lips twice. "And you." He bends down to my stomach, kissing that too.

"It's going to be a boy." I say but he glares at me. He wants a girl so badly.

He claims he has to 'spoil two princesses' but he's going to spoil a boy anyway so I don't really get it.

"Why was you here all alone ma? You thinking about your dad?" He asks me and I nod slowly.

"I think you should start talking to yours again, I want our child to have grandparents that have a relationship with them."

"Kehlani let's not start this now, it's your birthday and we'll talk about it later. I got three more gifts for you." He smiles.

How much more?

"Amir you got me enough and i'm grateful and it's only made me more in love with you and i'm happy that my big sexy scary boy-

"Husband." He interrupts and I smile. He stays saying this type of stuff and I just know we'll be married one day.

"That my big sexy scary husband is here with me, that's enough." I finish off but he doesn't re ally care.