Effect

Gjaki didn't take long to get there. None of them knew how she had found so quickly that the potion was finished.

The creation of the potion had been a success, with the only drawback that Eldi was a bit tired. However, neither really knew what the result would be. Once again, the fears returned to the elves, especially Goldmi.

Elendnas, who was the one who had to drink it, was more determined. After what Krovledi had done to him in the past, he didn't think this potion could make it worse. In addition, they had the guidance of the Oracle, or so they believed. On the one hand, The Oracle had pointed out the seven gems. On the other hand, they hadn't mentioned anything about a Regeneration potion. Could it be something else what they were referring to?

At this time, they regretted not having consulted them before concocting it. Perhaps, the Oracle could have advised them, or perhaps, they wouldn't have told them anything relevant.

However, it was late now, and there was no potion for regrets. At least, Eldi knew none. The potion had to be consumed as soon as possible, as it was gradually losing its effectiveness.

For some reason, it couldn't be stored in the inventory, which was the first time it had happened to them. Therefore, Elendnas decided that the time had come. He couldn't allow himself to hesitate.

Faced with the anxious look of Goldmi, who was biting her lip, he took the potion that Eldi offered him, and drank it little by little. It was strangely sweet and refreshing, like a fruit juice, although its taste was completely unknown.

He could feel how a strange mana emerged from the potion and invaded his body as he drank it. It entered his organs, each of his cells. Without realizing it, his strength began to leave him, and he staggered.

"Elend!" his wife called as she held him.

The elf wanted to heal him, but the Basic Healing mana was simply repelled by the aura surrounding him.

"Leave him on the sofa," Diknsa whispered. She had arrived shortly after her adoptive daughter.

Although somewhat reluctant, Goldmi slowly let him drop.

"You're beautiful," Elendnas whispered, as he looked up at her.

He felt strange, like in a dream. Little by little, he was losing consciousness. Nonetheless, it was a rather sweet sensation, especially with the image of his beloved in front of him.

Her wife panicked as he closed his eyes, and called him several times.

"You're going to wake up the girls. He's just sleeping. In very powerful potions, it usually happens," the devil vampiress explained.

Goldmi nodded, as she checked with relief that her husband was breathing, and her daughters were still sleeping.

"It's better if we take him to a bed, and them too," Diknsa suggested, after waiting a while, and checking that the elf's condition remained stable.

Goldmi herself lifted her husband gently. Weight wasn't a problem for someone of her level. Diknsa and Gjaki each took a girl, and followed the elf to her room. They had reserved it for her in the mansion long ago, and she could use it whenever she wanted.

Eldi followed them in the distance, not knowing what to do, nervous. If something happened to the elf, he wouldn't forgive himself.

"Let us know if something happens," Gjaki asked, after leaving Eldmi with her sister and her father.

"Thank you for everything," Goldmi whispered, her voice shaking.

She stayed by the bed, while stroking the elf's face, as fearful as hopeful. A soft glow was enveloping him, which meant that the potion was still taking effect.

She ended up sleeping after a couple of hours, her head on Elendnas's chest. This way, she could hear his breathing and his heartbeat. It calmed her down.

"Sssshh. Don't make so much noise, you'll wake up mom," Elendnas whispered.

It was too late. Goldmi had heard them, and narrowed her eyes. She was lying on her side on the bed, and found something strange in what she saw. The walls were familiar, but they weren't the walls of her house.

"Oh, I'm at Gjaki's mansion," she thought. "What am I doing here?"

Half drowsy, her brain hadn't started working yet. She tried to remember as she listened to her daughters complain softly.

"Eldi... The girls as vampiresses... The potion... The potion! Elendnas!"

She jumped up and turned, startling her daughters.

"Mummy! You've scared me!" Gjami complained.

"What's up, mom? A nightmare?" Eldmi asked, worried.

"No... Elendnas... Are you alright?"

"I think so. It had been a long time since I felt like this," he smiled.

She hugged him. Soon, two little elves who didn't know what was happening decided to hug them too. Between laughter and tears, their parents held them in their embrace.

It took some time before they could really check the elf's condition. His body had recovered to its state before Krovledi's second abduction. In fact, he was a little better than then. Elendnas still got tired too quickly, but he no longer needed to be purified to survive.

The elf wasn't as healthy as he would have liked, but much better than he had been in a long time. It was enough to accompany her wife through the forest, but not to travel or support her in long battles.

At least, he could teach her daughters to use their new toys. They were beautiful bows, of a quality rarely seen for their level and small size, that "Uncle Eldi" had made for them. Goldmi and Gjaki had helped in the design, and many suggestions had come from Elenksia, Klimsal, Coinin or Diknsa among others. Both in the bows and in the gear custom-made for the girls.

In fact, Eldi had offered to make gear, jewelry, and potions for everyone, and he had certainly kept his promise. Now, everyone in the mansion was equipped with high-quality weapons and equipment, which increased their power and defense.

He had even made equipment for certain Blood Kingdom vampires that Gjaki had introduced him to.

Now, the three companions were seated at a table, together with Elendnas and Diknsa.

"You must go. I'll take care of the girls. Besides, Gjaki has promised to take you back every day," Elendnas encouraged her.

Although he didn't want to be separated from his wife, he didn't want to be a burden either. Now that it wasn't necessary for her to take care of him, he had to let her continue what she had left half done.

"Be careful. You're very strong, but they're not so strong yet. Don't be reckless," Diknsa lectured Gjaki.

"Yes, mom," she answered with a somewhat condescending tone. "Aw! I get it, I get it!"

Her adoptive mother had pinched one of her cheeks strongly, and stretched it, so that it had ended up taking on a red color. Gjaki was stroking it now with her hand, pouting. Although she soon forgot about it, because she was really excited.

They had decided to go all three together to leveling up. Her first goal was to raise Goldmi and Eldi level to 100. Her second was to find the ingredients for the Rebirth potion.